• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/25/2014 - Drivers Talk Radio Interview With Paul Elio

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks Truett!
Great interview. He filled in a lot of unanswered pieces to the puzzle. For me, one of those questions was: Does he really have buyers for the un-needed equipment?
Another one: Will the P5 be unveiled at the SEMA show? (I asked at the air show, got a sly grin, and the answer..."no.") Now we hear, "the final iteration will be at SEMA. :cool::cool::cool:

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aside from raising the rear roof, and reducing the size of the front air intake, the P4 could be considered the final production model. Hope they prove me wrong.

Oh, you are just trying to depress me. I'm not a car guy, so I'm not sure what SEMA is (other than another reason for lots of people to go to Vegas) but is sound like a big deal in the car world. There has been speculation that this would be the coming out party for the P5. So, we shall see, either way it is only a few days away.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, you are just trying to depress me. I'm not a car guy, so I'm not sure what SEMA is (other than another reason for lots of people to go to Vegas) but is sound like a big deal in the car world. There has been speculation that this would be the coming out party for the P5. So, we shall see, either way it is only a few days away.
Just trying to keep it real. I hope they do bring out the P5, so we would get to see it in Jacksonville next month, but I don't think it's going to happen. But, that's just my opinion.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just trying to keep it real. I hope they do bring out the P5, so we would get to see it in Jacksonville next month, but I don't think it's going to happen. But, that's just my opinion.
I won't be surprised if they have an "unveiling" of the production model as mentioned by this discussion. However, I do know you won't see it in Jacksonville. The plan has been to not tour the P5 but to use it for production purposes - since I am not a car person I can't say for sure what those purposes are but they may even be taking it apart and reassembling it in production mode. At least that is my not the least bit humble opinion. :-) Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio interviewed on the radio program

Big News: The new prototype will be unveiled on Halloween at Las Vegas (5:30)!

Hope you are right. Then the next week it should be in Shreveport (35 miles from home IF IT'S NOT A NO SHOW), N.O. a couple days later.
That should bring out some folks.?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope you are right. Then the next week it should be in Shreveport (35 miles from home IF IT'S NOT A NO SHOW), N.O. a couple days later.
That should bring out some folks.?

The original timeline from the summer was to have the final protype out by late fall so it seems like that plan is turning out to be true. Surprised that there is nothing about this from Elio like they did to get people excited in January for the P4

Top Bottom