• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/25/2014 - Drivers Talk Radio Interview With Paul Elio

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just to "clarify" what Goofyone has said several times in the recent past........
The "P5"...The "P" stands for "Prototype." The "P4" was to be the "final prototype". The "next version is going to be the "production model", meaning no more changes (so, NOT a prototype). Goofyone has been calling it the "E1" (Not the official name, just what he's calling it). So at the air show, when I asked, "will the P5 would be at SEMA?", I chose the wrong "term". The official reply was, (with a big grin) "NO". He didn't lie to me, because there won't ever be a P5. In this new video however, he DID say, "The final iteration" will be there.
I take this to mean "the ELIO that WE will be getting when production starts." Will it have the new engine?...I hope so. Maybe a non-running engine?...or maybe, "running but not yet dyno tested."

We just need to be patient for a few more days! :)

Last edited:

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul said in the interview that the real engine will go on the dyno by November 15th, which I would take to mean that the final pre-production prototype to be unveiled the 31st will not have the real motor in it yet or, if it does, it won't be a running one. And let's face it, whether the vehicle that will be unveiled will be a prototype or a production version, the fact is that radical changes are getting more and more unlikely as EM moves closer and closer to production.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I took away a couple of other very interesting nuggets from this. First, Paul said twice "we are an unstoppable freight train" and that this "is gonna happen." Second, the interviewer asked him why Elio Motors had not sold franchise rights since that would have brought in a ton of investment money. Paul said that that would have raised the sticker prince and burdened customers for the next 100 years. These two statements, when taken together, suggest that Elio Motors already has the funding they need to get the Elio into production, a viewpoint bolstered by a comment Paul made when asked what his challenges are "what do you fear Paul?". Paul said that there are a bunch of details that all have to be dealt with and in parallel and that Elio Motors has the hard job of just keeping an eye on all of those details. He did NOT mention the securing of financing as one of those details. I'll stand by what I said awhile back. I think Elio Motors has the funding they need. The ATVM loan will be used (1) to exchange expensive capital investment from equity providers for cheap money from ATVM and (2) to keep their original capital provision rates low by reducing the risk that investors don't recoup their investment.

Top Bottom