• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 - 16 Nfl Fan Talk Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Cam is nothing special; he just got lucky enough to play on a really good team.
Look at his numbers before this year; then look at a list of the different people getting added, and how the numbers went up.
Cam is a showman; Brady, Rodgers, (it's still early but) Russell Wilson, and a couple of others are premier QB's, Cam doesn't fit in that group.
They used to say how great Humperdink of the 49's was going to be, that's why Alex Smith was benched; and where is he now? Smith is back on track again; Caperdink is on the way out. Cam may be a physical superior, but he is in no way a game manager.

Oh yeah, Marshawn Lynch has announced his retirement effective now.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, this says it all-
IMG_1133.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cam is nothing special; he just got lucky enough to play on a really good team.
Look at his numbers before this year; then look at a list of the different people getting added, and how the numbers went up.
Cam is a showman; Brady, Rodgers, (it's still early but) Russell Wilson, and a couple of others are premier QB's, Cam doesn't fit in that group.
They used to say how great Humperdink of the 49's was going to be, that's why Alex Smith was benched; and where is he now? Smith is back on track again; Caperdink is on the way out. Cam may be a physical superior, but he is in no way a game manager.

Oh yeah, Marshawn Lynch has announced his retirement effective now.
So where is Tim Tebow, the "Savior"- G+D bless him

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel like the Broncos can win, and that is not just because I'm a fan. IF they keep from the dreaded turnovers and penalties they have a chance, and they have been doing a decent job of that in the post-season so far by not taking huge risks. Peyton and his receivers need to get back on track in a hurry, gotta get those throws on target/catches made, Carolina's D isn't as good at stopping the pass as they are the rush.. In an interview before the AFC title game Von Miller said if he gets 2 sacks they will win, and he got 2.5 sacks. Miller, Wolfe, and Ware hit Brady 15 times! They need chances like that but Cam is a helluva lot more mobile than Brady.

Denver's D is going to have their hands full stopping Carolina's 2nd in the league rush, but the Denver D led the league in least passing yards allowed and total defense, and was 3rd in stopping the rush but Carolina was 4th in stopping the rush.

So statistically this should be a pretty tight brawler of a game. :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Football players are not always the brightest bulbs:

Seahawks' Okung creates possible tampering scenario by emailing teams
Seattle Seahawks left tackle Russell Okung might realize he needs an agent after all.

Okung, an impending free agent who will represent himself, sent a letter to each NFL team on Wednesday to alert them that he planned to undergo surgery for a dislocated shoulder, per Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

There's only one problem: Because Okung is under contract to the Seahawks until early March, any team that responds to his message or fails to immediately alert Seattle that they received it is in violation of the league's anti-tampering policy.

Okung apparently wanted to let potential suitors know he is expected to be medically cleared from the surgery in five months, allowing plenty of time for him to be ready for the 2016 season. According to the report, Okung expressed a desire to "talk to interested teams ASAP."

The sixth overall pick of the Seahawks in the 2010 draft, Okung sustained the injury in Seattle's postseason loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Super Bowl Sunday is finally within sight!
It has been such a media circus getting to this point, I'll be glad when the game is over.

I would love to see Denver win :becky: , Manning go out on top and retire :first:, and Ego Newton get pounded early in the game.:boxing:

Hmm I wonder if I'm asking for too much? :confused2:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Super Bowl Sunday is finally within sight!
It has been such a media circus getting to this point, I'll be glad when the game is over.

I would love to see Denver win :becky: , Manning go out on top and retire :first:, and Ego Newton get pounded early in the game.:boxing:

Hmm I wonder if I'm asking for too much? :confused2:
I think you are. Denver, despite their wins, has been far from impressive and Carolina looks good at all positions. (I'm not a fan of Cam's showboating but understand he may be following Dennis Rodman's example of how to set yourself apart when you could be easily overshadowed)

Hey, back when Michael Vick was a scrambler, the media kept saying he needed to be more of a pocket passer. Now, they praise Cam for being just like Vic... what's changed?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Carolina's whole organization is classless. Ham Newton showboats around after every play while the rest of the team takes cheap shots at guys out of bounds, already down or out of the play. It's despicable. The only teams worse about that are Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.

I hope Denver wins, but I won't watch a second of it.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I think the outcome of this game boils down to Carolina's ability to protect Cam in the pocket. New England was favored in their game at Denver and they couldn't protect Brady at all. That was a major factor in Denver's ability to win that game.

If Denver can't get pressure on Newton, there's a Carolina Super Bowl victory. Won't matter how well Manning plays, or if Denver can run the ball effectively, or if Denver has zero turnovers on offense. Denver pressure on Cam might generate a turnover or two.

Depends on Denver's pass defense if they can capture Newton when he needs to scramble to avoid the pressure. If Denver happens to be in man-to-man coverage, they'll have trouble containing Newton if/when he takes off running. If they happen to be in a zone coverage, Cam won't get 12-15 yds in a scramble.

That's my 2 cents... and it's worth about 0.8 cents....

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will be interesting with Carolina's defense being so adept at intercepting the ball and Payton so adept at throwing interceptions. Can Denver stop Carolina's run? With Cam running too? Can Carolina stop Denver's high flying passing offense?

With two of the best defenses, this game of number one seeds should be pretty good. Wouldn't expect a blowout in either direction.

One thing, everyone needs to know (for my sake)... Carolina is 17-1... The only team to beat them was my Atlanta Falcons! Okay, it's true that Carolina's schedule wasn't the most challenging but still... 'just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom