• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

250,000 Units Per Year ?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The $6,800 price tag is going to go a long ways, toward selling a high volume after they start appearing on the highways (bi-ways).
If they stick with that price structure. There is some comments on here that think that price will not be sustainable for people after the reservation holders. And frankly, if the market will bear it, why not jack it up a bit?

james92se

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they stick with that price structure. There is some comments on here that think that price will not be sustainable for people after the reservation holders. And frankly, if the market will bear it, why not jack it up a bit?

Didn't Elio say a few months back that if it started production today the price would be $7,300? At that rate, it may be close to $8k by late next year assuming it actually goes into production by then

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Elio say a few months back that if it started production today the price would be $7,300? At that rate, it may be close to $8k by late next year assuming it actually goes into production by then

Yes he did but that's not 7300 and going up. He is still trying to get in DOWN to 6800, 6800 being the target and if it were built the day he said it, it would cost 7300. That being said if it were built today maybe their at 7200? 7000?

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once they're on the road, supply and demand will be a factor. IMO.
While it'd be great if he met the 6800 price, I certainly won't grumble if/when it's a bit higher.
Ones built later may have additional features, or raw good prices may change, causing a higher price as well. That's to be expected. I much prefer he gets them built, and is able to maintain a viable income good enought to keep building them for a long long time.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have worked hard to get the price down to 7300, and will keep working to get it down to the 6800 if possible.

Curious; How do you know this?
Anyway if they sell for any more than $6800.00 the first year there will be a mark against the company for not sticking to what was advertised.
A man's word is only as good as the man. $6800.00 is all I've seen come from his mouth.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyway if they sell for any more than $6800.00 the first year there will be a mark against the company for not sticking to what was advertised.
A man's word is only as good as the man. $6800.00 is all I've seen come from his mouth.

I think he'll take a financial hit just to deliver the car to the reservation holders at $6,800. That way he'll save face.

I don't think he'll hit the 84 mpg mark myself.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking in the 70's on gas, but still great.
I want him to make lots of money so the Elio will be there. As we all know (that have been in business) you never make money off every job or product.
Sometime you bite the bullet and go on.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is called research and following the Elio for several years.....He has stated "from his mouth" that if they went on sale today it would be 7300, but that they are working to attain the 6800 goal.

Top Bottom