• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3 Wheels - Street Legal - 70 Mpg - $7700 Available Today

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2 cylinder engine? Its a lawnmower. Plus, 1 front wheel steering and rear wheel drive sounds like major stability problems. I saw a similar car on Top Gear the other week (Reliant Robin??, maybe) and it seemed to tip over on every turn and curve.

Only 600cc but claims to go 70+ MPH . Although I don't think this is a great performance car, the Reliant Robin sketch on Top Gear was staged .

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are literally thousands of "complaints" online for Amazon , Ebay , Ford , Harley Davidson and even Crest Toothpaste . My point was not to run out and buy this vehicle but rather illustrate that someone has accomplished what Elio seeks to do .
Yes, very encouraging. and I believe the Elio will be better. In every way. cost, MPG, power, comfort, safety, style, quality, and FIZZ

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've sat in one of those, but have not driven one. I thought it was cool, but wasn't motivated towards purchase. Many of the generic complaints against it are similar to the generic complaints about Elio. Coffin, lawnmower engine, unsafe, looks goofy, etc.

As far as the Reliant Robin, I've never seen one in person, much less driven one, but their instability is greatly exaggerated. The Top Gear Robin had to be specially modified/abused to get it to roll for the video that is so popular. Unstable? Yes. But nowhere near what was portrayed.

Three-wheelers do not have the same stability envelop as conventional automobiles. Stay within that envelop, and things are fine. The problem is when the differences are not understood or are disregarded.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are literally thousands of "complaints" online for Amazon , Ebay , Ford , Harley Davidson and even Crest Toothpaste . My point was not to run out and buy this vehicle but rather illustrate that someone has accomplished what Elio seeks to do .
I misunderstood, I thought you were comparing the two.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does Snyder deliver a 3 wheeled ,70 MPG, $8000 vehicle with 5 doors and reasonably equipped ....... and Elio can't ?
Granted , the Elio is slicker but metrics should be similar .

!!!WARNING!!!
I fully understand the original poster was just putting out a little information but he got me to thinking so I looked into the car's horsepower and found a 0-60 site that calculates projected times based on horsepower and weight... It was too much fun to go through iterations that I had to post the following.

OOO, OOO... I know this one!

If you count 200 lbs of driver, etc,

Look at how the speedy little car stacks up. 0-60 in 22.7 seconds? Would you want to merge on a freeway at that slowness? It takes a full 1/4 mile to get to 60.76 MPH.

Speed.JPG

Oh, did you have a friend coming? (400 lbs for driver, passenger, fuel, etc.)

Speed 2.JPG

How about a couple of light friends (150lb each)... it's a 5 door, right? (400 lbs for driver and passenger 1, 150lbs each for passengers 2 and 3.)

Speed 3.JPG

So now, you can speed right up to 55.90 MPH by the end of a 1/4 mile long on ramp and it will only take you 31.6 seconds to get there.

Elio, with it's modest 55HP and, using the first example above,

Speed Elio.JPG

I'm guessing they traded off any kind of performance to get all those doors and mileage. That car doesn't seem safe at all for Highway use. But, that's just my 2 cents. I can tell you, I wouldn't like spending half a minute behind one just trying to get up to highway speeds... heaven forbid if it were a hill...

Last edited:
Top Bottom