• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3 Wheels - Street Legal - 70 Mpg - $7700 Available Today

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The vehicle is no game changer for sure . But I guess around town or at the retirement community , it would be fine . I personally would not buy a vehicle with only one front wheel unless it was a motorcycle . My frustration while not evident at 1st , was that these hooples can release a viable sub-$8000 driver while we wait for years with our thumbs up our ashes .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see how having the financial backing of the Chinese government could help them speed up the process of manufacturing a vehicle
Not will, but when they (China, India) will build a really competitive 3 wheeler, it will take some time as the largest market for our large cars is China. There are Indian Companies been making "family" transportation for years (50cc motorbikes)

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comparing this car to an Elio isn't really valid. This seems an ultra low cost vehicle for poorer countries and 50% of what you pay for it in the US is likely markup, import tariffs and shipping from overseas. I imagine in Asia, where it comes from, it serves a valid purpose and no: trying to merge with 70 mph traffic doesn't seem like something it could ever do.

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very similar cars are made as three wheel garbage trucks and 8 passenger vans (see image below). These cars and trucks are made by SANDI Motors of Shandong, China, maybe the Snyder cars too?

awww.sandicn.com_en_Upload_PicFiles_2011.3.2_9.25.14_2991.jpg

awww.sandicn.com_en_Upload_PicFiles_2013.8.7_10.28.50_5133.jpg

2011.3.1_9.22.12_8674.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A friend on another forum rides a Harley, and has for years, but he wanted to be able to ride with his wife, who had never mastered a stickshift - and he wisely decided a big hog wasn't the vehicle to learn on. A small Chinese scooter became available at a local garage sale, so he bought it for his wife, but discovered for just tooling around the neighborhood it was kinda fun.

OK, so he bought another one for his wife (they were dirt cheap, only a few hundred dollars). They rode just around the subdivision together for a few weeks before the engine on his scoot locked up. When he tore it down he discovered there were no replaceable parts in it - it was a Dixie Cup . . . it was designed to be used and thrown away. A replacement engine out of China was only a couple hundred bucks, but he found another scooter locally for about the same price, so he bought it for parts. A year later all three were junk. While they were fun while they lasted, he can't imagine how in the world they would have survived on the roads in China.

Then he had a revelation: they don't. They're all sold HERE. :(

Top Bottom