• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

9/10/14 Tech Talk - See Elio Technology In Action

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Good information, BUT I'd rather see a photo of the suspension ON an actual Elio "E" Series vehicle, or the valve springs on an 'operating' IAV Engine......... WHEN........ probably NOT soon!

I think it is obvious that just about everyone here wants to see those things and we hope to see them as soon as possible. Just wondering, do you have information we do not have or are you just speculating when you say probably not soon?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, those are very nice adjustable coil overs which should be an option. I do expect standard coil overs due to size constraints however the stock models will likely be of the very basic non-adjustable variety.
One of the easiest things to upgrade I would think. Jack up your car, put 'em in. Been there, done that.

I'm definitely interested in finding out what a Elio LX will be outfitted with. Or should we be thinking of a SX, or even a ZX, with Turbo and Mags? An Elio Spider ( Elyder? lol )

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This tech talk would be useful and interesting if it said HOW Peterson springs are applying their technology to the Elio. In the absence of any relevant facts, this is empty PR blather, nice for Peterson maybe, buy wholly useless for Elio owners-to-be. Boo!
Good information, BUT I'd rather see a photo of the suspension ON an actual Elio "E" Series vehicle, or the valve springs on an 'operating' IAV Engine......... WHEN........ probably NOT soon!
If adjustables are an option, it would be worth having them. But nowhere did the article say that ANY of the pictured items was for an Elio.

Well guys it looks like there was a bit more to this Tech Talk than we realized. It may not be an E series however here is a picture of the coilover assembly shown in the Tech Talk actually installed in the P4. It would appear EM was saving this for use by the media and their Facebook page.

elioorangespring.jpg

Interestingly the article itself does not feature this photo. It also really does not say anything more than the tech talk did.

http://www.technologytell.com/in-car-tech/10114/elio-motors-says-peterson-springs-key-84-mpg-claim/

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well guys it looks like there was a bit more to this Tech Talk than we realized. It may not be an E series however here is a picture of the coilover assembly shown in the Tech Talk actually installed in the P4. It would appear EM was saving this for use by the media and their Facebook page.

View attachment 2644

Interestingly the article itself does not feature this photo. It also really does not say anything more than the tech talk did.

http://www.technologytell.com/in-car-tech/10114/elio-motors-says-peterson-springs-key-84-mpg-claim/
well, well, well

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm kinda wondering how high rev valve springs are going to be a big deal for Elio? Just how high can they possibly be planning to rev that little engine? high rev = high fuel usage. At least some of this stuff has the look and feel of pure window-dressing. Just sayin'.......

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm kinda wondering how high rev valve springs are going to be a big deal for Elio? Just how high can they possibly be planning to rev that little engine? high rev = high fuel usage. At least some of this stuff has the look and feel of pure window-dressing. Just sayin'.......
Hello there Elio friend in waiting-
I am taking the base value of the spring-V33 tech talk which I read. I read into that tech talk V33 that Elio Motors has released to us their spring supplier and this spring supplier provides proven Quality components! I read/see experience, knowledge, & quality, with this blue chip supplier. I see using the racing term as functional testing grounds for parts that have been developed, tested and proved in the racing world where all components have to be able to withstand the extreme conditions of racing (stress-rpm-temps-forces-lightweight-non standard motor operating conditions). In the racing world, part failure is not acceptable.
Team Elio has promoted quality parts, blue chip suppliers for some time and now Team Elio is showing us they can now walk the talk. :)
Terrence :)
Elio 84 mpg, $6,800.00, etc.......:D

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 2644

When the P4 came to Flat Iron Mall (Broomfield, CO) the last of August my wife and I were first in line to hop in and check it out. As we walked around it I noticed those very springs and if you look carefully you will see "Elio" printed on the second coil down, left side. I guess I hadn't realized the importance of it!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When the P4 came to Flat Iron Mall (Broomfield, CO) the last of August my wife and I were first in line to hop in and check it out. As we walked around it I noticed those very springs and if you look carefully you will see "Elio" printed on the second coil down, left side. I guess I hadn't realized the importance of it!
Wow, that is a very cool observation. Your attention to detail is amazing. Good for you and thanks for sharing! :-) Z

Top Bottom