• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Message To The Elio Team

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also just sent a message to the Elio team about the Elgin dash. I would have sworn that Jerome told me yesterday that the RPM and speed indicators were an inch or more height. Reviewing the photos they look to be perhaps a third of an inch. While I do not like the dash from an aesthetic point of view, and due to macular degeneration my near vision lacks contrast, so for me this is a safety issue. If I do not hear back from them within the week, and if they choose to ignore my situation and not provide a revised Elgin or optional cluster that is acceptable this will be my farewell post. I simply cannot continue to promote something that for me refuses to acknowledge and correct safety issues. If I hear back from them, you will hear back from me, otherwise, it has been a trip, I've enjoyed the ride. Here is the Message I posted:
My concern is the Elgin dash. Like a lot of other seniors, my vision is not what it once was, and lacks near contrast and definition. I spent probably 2 hours speaking with and listening to Jerome Vassallo yesterday in OKC, and he implied that the Elgin was digital and I took him for his word. Then when I got home I reviewed the Photo's of that cluster, to my dismay I find that the tachometer and speedometer are analog dispays. Either Jerome was given bad information , or is just on a PR kick but the lack of electronic display for speed and RPM is a deal breaker for me. I am one of the largest contributors on the Eio Owners forum and when polled nearly 2/3 of the respondents did not like this cluster. IF the tach and speedo were changed to LED's at least one inch high I'd be very pleased. As it is, and if left as it is (and no other option is available) I will have to pass on my purchase of a vehicle I believe in, like and was ready to buy. I simply cannot drive it safely in this configuration. Please advise.

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Message I posted:
My concern is the Elgin dash. Like a lot of other seniors, my vision is not what it once was, and lacks near contrast and definition. I spent probably 2 hours speaking with and listening to Jerome Vassallo yesterday in OKC, and he implied that the Elgin was digital and I took him for his word. Then when I got home I reviewed the Photo's of that cluster, to my dismay I find that the tachometer and speedometer are analog dispays. Either Jerome was given bad information , or is just on a PR kick but the lack of electronic display for speed and RPM is a deal breaker for me. I am one of the largest contributors on the Eio Owners forum and when polled nearly 2/3 of the respondents did not like this cluster. IF the tach and speedo were changed to LED's at least one inch high I'd be very pleased. As it is, and if left as it is (and no other option is available) I will have to pass on my purchase of a vehicle I believe in, like and was ready to buy. I simply cannot drive it safely in this configuration. Please advise.
I redeived this reply just moments ago:
Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Apr 25 16:56

Hey Gary!
Thanks so much for your email and for your support. We really appreciate it!
The Elgin dash is not set and stone- it is simply an option we are looking at. Our great reservationists have been very vocal about it, and we're taking note! Please keep in mind that it is by no means a sure thing to be a part of the final product.
Thanks again and please let us know if we can help with anything!

Best,
The Elio Team

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know......but I prefer this dash and interior looks. The Elgin dash looks like the dash of a ford pickup truck I had years ago.
I agree, I very much dislike the appearance of the Elgin dash! Please see post #86 for the repy I just got back from Team Elio!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a deal killer for me. My eyes lack contrast acuity, if the tach and speedo were changed to LED's I coud live with it. As it is, they can just keep my money, goodbye and good riddance!
Did I read on here somewhere the numbers are an inch high?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I redeived this reply just moments ago:
Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Apr 25 16:56

Hey Gary!
Thanks so much for your email and for your support. We really appreciate it!
The Elgin dash is not set and stone- it is simply an option we are looking at. Our great reservationists have been very vocal about it, and we're taking note! Please keep in mind that it is by no means a sure thing to be a part of the final product.
Thanks again and please let us know if we can help with anything!

Best,
The Elio Team
Good they are listening. I asked Elio directly what he thought about the Elgin Dash and this was his non-verbal response:
image.jpg

Top Bottom