• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Announcements Post Suppliers Summit August 2015

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AriLea, I have to apologize if I came on a little too strong. Just that I spent too many years having to be politically correct and getting BS answers for my trouble. Now days I tend to ask straight questions that call for simple, straight answers.
Straight forward is fine. But open-ended questions usually get you more information than yes-no questions. Questions beginning with Why, or Why don't, automatically put people on the defensive. "What are the reasons for" works much better than "why do you ..."

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Straight forward is fine. But open-ended questions usually get you more information than yes-no questions. Questions beginning with Why, or Why don't, automatically put people on the defensive. "What are the reasons for" works much better than "why do you ..."
Yep, communications effectiveness training 101, A person conversing, should avoid the use of the word 'you' when responding with, or prompting for, information. Does that seem less confrontational? (and avoid negatives if possible)

The bad way: YOU should never use the word YOU when YOU talk to anyone. Don't YOU get that? (YOU need to be less rude!) lol, :-)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, so what I'm doing is preloading the thinking. My first salvo is on the facebook page. I'm going to feed these questions, in different forms, in any avenue to EM that is available to me. I'll be adding other suggested items from this thread as well. Getting prompted from multiple directions at least puts it on their minds. And you can help, so feel free to ask these through any channel available to you. I'll be using EM email routes as well.

I keep in mind that keeping it simple is best, asking about details is sometimes better than a request for a summation. And then also, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. Here was my first post..

I understand the next summit is planned Aug. 13-14. After that we'll... hear about the 'funding picture', and something firming up the production schedule. Myself and my peers would also like to hear about Photos and Status of the P5(E1), on schedule? Same info for the E2 to 25. Status of engine testing and performance results. How many engines are in this pilot production for this phase? Will that be in the post summit disclosure?
I got some response, not that I really wanted one just yet...From/Who is John Bain?

It's too early in the project to answer these questions. They have been asked before and their answer is "stay tuned". Concerning money, there is not enough to green light production at this time even if the vehicle was fully engineered. Waiting to hit $230 million and away we go.

And from Colleran Vaher
the crowdfunding funds were meant to get P5 thru P25 under construction. That's what she was asking about.

It's funny how nobody sees the capital L in AriLea, or in ArakLea, or even Arak_Lea, and thinks I'm a woman. Guess I have a unisex moniker. OR I guess think it's a two part firstname like Ara( silent k) Leyah or something. Really, I'm WAY too old for a sex change, and ..ewew! Lets avoid that kind of subject altogether!

I pronouce this as Are-e Lee or Aric Lee, depending. Just a version of Eric to my ears. But-oh well.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got some response, not that I really wanted one just yet...From/Who is John Bain?

It's too early in the project to answer these questions. They have been asked before and their answer is "stay tuned". Concerning money, there is not enough to green light production at this time even if the vehicle was fully engineered. Waiting to hit $230 million and away we go.

And from Colleran Vaher
the crowdfunding funds were meant to get P5 thru P25 under construction. That's what she was asking about.

It's funny how nobody sees the capital L in AriLea, or in ArakLea, or even Arak_Lea, and thinks I'm a woman. Guess I have a unisex moniker. OR I guess think it's a two part firstname like Ara( silent k) Leyah or something. Really, I'm WAY too old for a sex change, and ..ewew! Lets avoid that kind of subject altogether!

I pronouce this as Are-e Lee or Aric Lee, depending. Just a version of Eric to my ears. But-oh well.
The follow-up question is, how much of the 230 million remains to be sourced?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, communications effectiveness training 101, A person conversing, should avoid the use of the word 'you' when responding with, or prompting for, information. Does that seem less confrontational? (and avoid negatives if possible)

The bad way: YOU should never use the word YOU when YOU talk to anyone. Don't YOU get that? (YOU need to be less rude!) lol, :-)

Sorry, too much PC Speak for me.
I don't like Politically Correct speech.
It hides the true meaning and intent as well as sounding wishy-washy.
It's what we hear too much from our elected (so called) representatives.
Just like .... if you can't (or won't) cite a source, you should probably keep it to your self.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The follow-up question is, how much of the 230 million remains to be sourced?
Their answer to that one is always diversionary. That Shrevenport 'Your Questions' interview PE just flatly said they won't reveal financials.
But hey, my agenda is to put the current quandary in their face, as friendly as warranted, to salt the roast as it were. SO I'll keep it up until all questions get posted.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think, after getting a big bite taken out of their butt with the "news" that the funding was in place E M has taken a more conservative release of information. It created quite a stir when the engine test was delayed -which, at the time seemed like a lame excuse, (and in my opinion was).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, too much PC Speak for me.
I don't like Politically Correct speech.
It hides the true meaning and intent as well as sounding wishy-washy.
It's what we hear too much from our elected (so called) representatives.
Just like .... if you can't (or won't) cite a source, you should probably keep it to your self.
We could forgetabout PC Speak, just don't speak confrontational, be nice/friendly/considerate of others and their points of view irregardless of their source. I would have to check and double check the source and source's source irregardless.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Their answer to that one is always diversionary. That Shrevenport 'Your Questions' interview PE just flatly said they won't reveal financials.
But hey, my agenda is to put the current quandary in their face, as friendly as warranted, to salt the roast as it were. SO I'll keep it up until all questions get posted.
EM shouldn't publicly release their financials unless they were a public company. If EM was asking me to invest I would want to see their finacials. I think we can all agree EM doesn't have a crapload of money in the bank. Please continue asking those friendly, salty questions until we all get the well seasoned answers posted.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We could forgetabout PC Speak, just don't speak confrontational, be nice/friendly/considerate of others and their points of view irregardless of their source. I would have to check and double check the source and source's source irregardless.

Unfortunately, there are, as they say, two sides to every story. I'm not sure what nice / friendly / considerate means in that context. No matter what someone says it will offend someone else. Someone will always consider something confrontational. PC Speak is just an attempt to either have it both ways or make it so ambiguous that it has no clear meaning.
Unless a statement is your own, you should always cite source.

Top Bottom