• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto...not safe...slow...lack of range...no AC...at over twice the price of the Elio. Lack of interest as well judging from the 5 members. CNBC called Tesla a money burning machine for a hobbyist as opposed to a legitimate business...no hope for a toy like Arcimoto... don't even get me started on Polaris!
Thanks for having enough interest to share your comments on the SRK similar vehicles thread. Safety Testing will determine the actual safety ratings of both the SRK and the Elio. Paul Elio shared a handshake and a go three wheels shout out to team Arcimoto at the New York auto show. I wish both new startups success hoping their fan base is able to take delivery on their reservations. Slow?

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
80 versus 100+ mph... I like the speed for 80+speed limits of some interstates not to mention the autobahn and for safety... getting out of the way of the DUI drivers and other assorted crazies out there!:eek:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My preference is a faster 0-60 mph. I wouldn't drive either vehicle over 70 mph under any circumstance and would rarely drive either beyond shorter commutes. The range is fine for my application and no more gas, ever. Vehicle maintenance equals windshield washer fluid, tire pressure, and a wash. It doesn't work for or appeal to you and I understand that. I appreciate both future options and both work for me. The one I buy will be determined by the production and delivery dates.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My preference is a faster 0-60 mph. I wouldn't drive either vehicle over 70 mph under any circumstance and would rarely drive either beyond shorter commutes. The range is fine for my application and no more gas, ever. Vehicle maintenance equals windshield washer fluid, tire pressure, and a wash. It doesn't work for or appeal to you and I understand that. I appreciate both future options and both work for me. The one I buy will be determined by the production and delivery dates.
Elio will have the same acceleration from 0 to 60 is a Toyota Corolla. That's Whiplash fast for me! Arcimoto won't even come close to competing with the future Elio Electric in range and acceleration. Much greater platform to work with. Price makes Arcimoto prohibitive do most millennials and old farts like me. Arcimoto would be a bust in a hot environment! Not a practical choice for summer anywhere but Alaska and such. How much to replace the Arcimoto battery pack in 4 years...half the price of the vehicle? Who has that budget but the millennial reviewer at Bloomberg? Fun factor...a tie!

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How much to replace the Arcimoto battery pack in 4 years...half the price of the vehicle?
I understand that the current generation of battery packs for electric cars tend to last quite a long time. Sethodine quotes something like 10 years for the Leaf, I think. Something like >80% capacity remaining after 5 years? If you can count on 10 years of life from a battery, that's not bad at all.

Having said that, I have no use for a 2 passenger, short-range runabout. I'm sure this will be great for lots of people. I'm just not one of them. I need >80 MPH top speed highway driving, and minimum 200 mile range (for a second trip to work if I forget to plug it in one night (I'm a bit absent minded at times...:oops: )).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto's anticipated battery pack replacement cost $2300.......probably less by the time it requires replacement with rapidly changing battery technology. For me the Fun factor is unknown until I actually test drive both vehicles. Both currently fun factored only in my dreams. These commuter vehicles are not in competition while appealing to a variety of wide range of commuter needs and demographics.

The future Solo Twinn and the Super Solo will probably smoke both the EVElio and the SRK.

Absent minded........me too. I may have to go with wireless charging.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand that the current generation of battery packs for electric cars tend to last quite a long time. Sethodine quotes something like 10 years for the Leaf, I think. Something like >80% capacity remaining after 5 years? If you can count on 10 years of life from a battery, that's not bad at all.

Having said that, I have no use for a 2 passenger, short-range runabout. I'm sure this will be great for lots of people. I'm just not one of them. I need >80 MPH top speed highway driving, and minimum 200 mile range (for a second trip to work if I forget to plug it in one night (I'm a bit absent minded at times...:oops: )).

After 10 years, the Leaf is expected to still hold around 70% of it's original capacity, although most of the drop from 100% happens during the first 5 years (my 2012 is at about 81% capacity). If it degrades faster, than I can get it replaced on warrenty for up to 8 years/100,000 miles.

Speaking of forgetting to plug it in.... I wonder if the SRK will be compatible with Plugless Power....?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio will have the same acceleration from 0 to 60 is a Toyota Corolla. That's Whiplash fast for me! Arcimoto won't even come close to competing with the future Elio Electric in range and acceleration. Much greater platform to work with. Price makes Arcimoto prohibitive do most millennials and old farts like me. Arcimoto would be a bust in a hot environment! Not a practical choice for summer anywhere but Alaska and such. How much to replace the Arcimoto battery pack in 4 years...half the price of the vehicle? Who has that budget but the millennial reviewer at Bloomberg? Fun factor...a tie!
This old fart has been waiting to hear those kinds of responses out of the mouths of Elio Reservationist test drivers. I can afford $11,900 and get some payback on the No More Gas factor. The SRK's range and open frame base model works for my personal situation as an electric motorcycle.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio will have the same acceleration from 0 to 60 is a Toyota Corolla. That's Whiplash fast for me! Arcimoto won't even come close to competing with the future Elio Electric in range and acceleration. Ho Much greater platform to work with. Price makes Arcimoto prohibitive do most millennials and old farts like me. Arcimoto would be a bust in a hot environment! Not a practical choice for summer anywhere but Alaska and such.
From the Arcimoto website...
"With an estimated 230 MPGe, Arcimoto’s SRK sips power, but you’d never know that when you hit the throttle:
0-60 in 7.5 seconds and an 80 MPH top speed means a thrilling ride and the comfort of knowing you can maneuver well in a pinch."

From the ElioM website...

The Elio features a fuel-injected, SOHC gas-powered, 3 cyl., .9 liter, liquid-cooled engine.
The engine is 55 HP with 55 LB-FT of torque, has a top speed over 100 MPH, and goes 0-60 speed in 9.6 seconds".

2.1 seconds is a huge difference in acceleration.

As far as being a bust in hot environments, tell that to Yamaha and Harley Davidson.
Range would be my only concern, but they say they will have an upgrade available to extend it to 130mi.
That's not much less than my motorcycles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom