• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the acceleration and open air advantage is besides the point if you are talking to the masses of people who used to drive clunkers or used cars that have been driven to the sidelines of mobility...the opportunity is greatest there. Acceleration in line with a Corolla or Civic but with almost triple the mpg highway makes sense and cents to people desperate to get to a job that is currently unavailable to them. Everyone is doing electric...the Elio engine is an three cylinder revolution for other industry and marine applications because of efficiency, first company since the 50s or 60s to do so. Elio Motors is setting up diverse and very profitable market that is much greater than just a vehicle or just North America. The who's who in the automotive world is tied to Elio. 'World domination', then blow your more mind with electric...at the five digit price for the more financially blessed!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I quit... I'm old... I don't want to feed the Arcimoto thread beast anymore...it feels like we're just creating a platform that belongs to all of us future Elio owners...so I'll check out of this thread. Maybe if the Arcimoto forums had more than a handful of members... sigh...back by the harvest moon!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpeg

A photo of Brandon's Dad behind the handlebars of the just finished Arcimoto SRK ETC vehicle. The Signature Series SRK's are in the process of being built and closer to delivery for the all important road test milestone, The Signature Series will be driven by everyday drivers in everyday driving applications.

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the Arcimoto website...
"With an estimated 230 MPGe, Arcimoto’s SRK sips power, but you’d never know that when you hit the throttle:
0-60 in 7.5 seconds and an 80 MPH top speed means a thrilling ride and the comfort of knowing you can maneuver well in a pinch."

From the ElioM website...

The Elio features a fuel-injected, SOHC gas-powered, 3 cyl., .9 liter, liquid-cooled engine.
The engine is 55 HP with 55 LB-FT of torque, has a top speed over 100 MPH, and goes 0-60 speed in 9.6 seconds".

2.1 seconds is a huge difference in acceleration.

As far as being a bust in hot environments, tell that to Yamaha and Harley Davidson.
Range would be my only concern, but they say they will have an upgrade available to extend it to 130mi.
That's not much less than my motorcycles.
But your motorcycles don't take hours to recharge.... 5 minutes and you're back on your way !!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SRK (Shark) everyday electric commuter MOTORCYCLE needs to be charged, but is always ready for it's FUNctional 70 or 130 mile range commute. With a DC fast charge option it will charge in minutes not 2-3 hours. NMG

The SRK electric motorcycle is not meant to replace the family car or the family ICE motorcycle, but rather supplement. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom