• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You A Lefty?

Are you left handed?

• Yes

• No

• Ambidextrious

• Haven't decided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"There’s no denying it. Left-handers are the odd ones out. Sure, lefties make up about 10 percent of the population"...Huffington Post. So, we may be the "odd ones out", but what percentage of our population is Left handed?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm the one that checked Ambidextrous (and my spell check says no I after the T) but I write with my right hand; and even then, my hand writing is so sloppy that even I can't read it.
I'm equally comfortable doing everything else with either hand.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"There’s no denying it. Left-handers are the odd ones out. Sure, lefties make up about 10 percent of the population"...Huffington Post. So, we may be the "odd ones out", but what percentage of our population is Left handed?

Some left ; Some Right ; Elio's Left side door is fine with me....;)

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The statistics I've seen are 10% or less of the World's population, about 30% of the World's leaders. Four of the last seven Presidents. Hmm. Maybe we should ban lefties from political office.

... And I'm left-handed. :D

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most left handed people are very good at using their right hands just because we have to. I once set up a computer that had only a spot on the left side for the mouse. All the people in my electronics shop complained and could not use a mouse with their left hand. I told them welcome to my world, they did not see the humor in it.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Computer mouse actually works better on the left side for me. It's closer to the keyboard. If the mouse is on the right you have to jump over the location keys and numeric keypad to get to it. Score 1 for the left-handed!

Now, I have to switch the mouse buttons by physically hard-wiring them. But then the buttons always work correctly, even for terrible operating systems (*cough* windows *cough*) and poorly-written programs (usually Java-based). Bonus: Fun watching righty's try to use my computer.

Back on the Elio, I think we will find a much-higher than average number of left-handed people in the early-adopters. Overgeneralizing, lefties tend to be more-open to different ideas because, as Chaz said, we have to be to survive in a world that doesn't fit us.

(P.S. Lefties have shorter life spans. I speculate it's because all of the World's safety systems are designed by right-handed people by right-handed people. It's Lefticide! ;) )

Top Bottom