• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You A Lefty?

Are you left handed?

• Yes

• No

• Ambidextrious

• Haven't decided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Computer mouse actually works better on the left side for me. It's closer to the keyboard. If the mouse is on the right you have to jump over the location keys and numeric keypad to get to it. Score 1 for the left-handed!

Now, I have to switch the mouse buttons by physically hard-wiring them. But then the buttons always work correctly, even for terrible operating systems (*cough* windows *cough*) and poorly-written programs (usually Java-based). Bonus: Fun watching righty's try to use my computer.

Back on the Elio, I think we will find a much-higher than average number of left-handed people in the early-adopters. Overgeneralizing, lefties tend to be more-open to different ideas because, as Chaz said, we have to be to survive in a world that doesn't fit us.

(P.S. Lefties have shorter life spans. I speculate it's because all of the World's safety systems are designed by right-handed people by right-handed people. It's Lefticide! ;) )
One of my instructors in college had his keyboard with no letters on the keys set at a Dvorak keyboard rather than QWERTY; it drove people crazy when they tried to do anything on his machine (We were doing Novell without the GUI).

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I write and eat left handed. Most sports are right hand handed. Can play pool with either hand. Same with drinking :very_drunk:, but I prefer the left hand. I'll stop there. :evil:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great first day response on the thread. Lefties plus ambidextrous = 48.1%. Four times the national average. I am not surprised when judging from the group responses to other threads. Welcome to the world of creativity, art, music, nerds, and just plain kooks. And They say we do not test statistically higher in intelligence. But, remember, They write the tests.:rolleyes:

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm "cross-dominant" - I use my left hand for fine motor skills (writing, soldering), and my right hand for large motor skills (hammer, saw). A few things I can do with either hand (screwdriver). Took me years to figure out what it was called.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm "cross-dominant" - I use my left hand for fine motor skills (writing, soldering), and my right hand for large motor skills (hammer, saw). A few things I can do with either hand (screwdriver). Took me years to figure out what it was called.

You get to join the "weird" sub-group. How good are your shotgun skills? I also am cross-dominate. It takes a while to learn what is different or different from what? When I get up on the wrong side of the bed, I just check to see if it is the right bed.:D

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I shoot rifles left handed but am right handed for everything else. I didn't pick ambidextrous though I think a lot of people pick that when they actually mean "I can do stuff with my other hand". Only about 1% of the population is truly ambidextrous. I watched a guy write the declaration of independence mirrored (each letter backwards) and backwards, started with the last word and worked his way to "elpoep eht eW" while singing the national anthem. THAT is skill.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I shoot rifles left handed but am right handed for everything else. I didn't pick ambidextrous though I think a lot of people pick that when they actually mean "I can do stuff with my other hand". Only about 1% of the population is truly ambidextrous. I watched a guy write the declaration of independence mirrored (each letter backwards) and backwards, started with the last word and worked his way to "elpoep eht eW" while singing the national anthem. THAT is skill.
Or a great use of dyslexia.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Lot's of practice.
We had a receptionist I watched do this; she was writing out some notes with her left hand, while running a 10 key with her right hand, phone rang, she traded hands with the pen, and answered the phone on her left.
When the call was over she hung up, traded hands with the pen again, and went back to writing with her left, 10 key on her right.
I looked at the page later, and you could not tell where she traded hands; twice.

I asked her about it and she just went watch; picked up a pen in each hand, and wrote the same paragraph with both hands, at the same time, on 2 separate pieces of paper.
You could hold one over the other in the light, and not see any difference.
This girl was amazing; really a flake, but talented as all get out.

Top Bottom