• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You A Lefty?

Are you left handed?

• Yes

• No

• Ambidextrious

• Haven't decided

Results are only viewable after voting.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, not qualified. :D I fly freeways.

FANTASTIC !
I FLY FREEWAYS TOO .

DSC_0050.JPG

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sleep on your schedule? I have no idea when you produce such beautiful things, thanks for the pics

THANKS ! I HAVE BEEN BUILDING INSTRUMENTS OFF & ON SINCE THE LATE 70's .

MY CURRENT PROJECT IS A '54 KR-175 .
I AM WORKING TO MAKE IT INTO A FUNCTIONAL CAR .
HERE IS A MIRROR STEM I MADE FROM STAINLESS THIS MORNING .

THIS IS BEING DONE ON A RUSH SCHEDULE . THE CAR WILL BE SOLD TO KEEP THE HOUSEHOLD
FINANCES GOING AND RAISE SOME CAPITOL TO FINISH UP THE TG-500 .
View attachment 11539
View attachment 11540
View attachment 11541
View attachment 11542
You do beautiful work !

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sleep on your schedule? I have no idea when you produce such beautiful things, thanks for the pics

THANKS ! I HAVE BEEN BUILDING INSTRUMENTS OFF & ON SINCE THE LATE 70's .

MY CURRENT PROJECT IS A '54 KR-175 .
I AM WORKING TO MAKE IT INTO A FUNCTIONAL CAR .
HERE IS A MIRROR STEM I MADE FROM STAINLESS THIS MORNING .

THIS IS BEING DONE ON A RUSH SCHEDULE . THE CAR WILL BE SOLD TO KEEP THE HOUSEHOLD
FINANCES GOING AND RAISE SOME CAPITOL TO FINISH UP THE TG-500 .
View attachment 11539
View attachment 11540
View attachment 11541
View attachment 11542
Sorry but your mirror replacement places too much strain on the skin and is twice as likely to disappear as first one. Please note the stress displacement allowed by the original mount.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but your mirror replacement places too much strain on the skin and is twice as likely to disappear as first one. Please note the stress displacement allowed by the original mount.

THE MIRROR STEM GOES THROUGH THE OUTER SKIN AND THE REINFORCEMENT
CHANNEL BEHIND IT . QUITE STRONG I ASSURE YOU .

THE FIRST ONE ? I NEVER SAW IT OR THE AMERICAN CAR MIRRORS IT ONCE HAD EITHER .

DSC_1667.JPG

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my instructors in college had his keyboard with no letters on the keys set at a Dvorak keyboard rather than QWERTY; it drove people crazy when they tried to do anything on his machine (We were doing Novell without the GUI).
The old Apple IIC had a button at the top to select either QWERTY or Dvorak. Students in the lab would always change it so the next student would face a challenge. I read someplace that the first typewriter keyboards were alphabetical but the typists (all male back then) would get the keys jammed by typing too fast and too hard. The QWERTY arrangement was invented to slow them down. The Dvorak came later and was designed to be 30 percent faster than QWERTY and with fewer mistakes.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The old Apple IIC had a button at the top to select either QWERTY or Dvorak. Students in the lab would always change it so the next student would face a challenge. I read someplace that the first typewriter keyboards were alphabetical but the typists (all male back then) would get the keys jammed by typing too fast and too hard. The QWERTY arrangement was invented to slow them down. The Dvorak came later and was designed to be 30 percent faster than QWERTY and with fewer mistakes.
That's correct; the old typewriters of the time would get the keys locked; and you could bend them if you tried to pry them apart; and it was happening quite often (I saw this little instructional video on them); that's when they had to come up with the way to slow them down; problem was it didn't take them that long to get used to QWERTY and they would still have jams.
They just can't figure out how to get everyone to change to Dvorak.
There is also Dvorak Right, and Dvorak Left for one armed people.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's correct; the old typewriters of the time would get the keys locked; and you could bend them if you tried to pry them apart; and it was happening quite often (I saw this little instructional video on them); that's when they had to come up with the way to slow them down; problem was it didn't take them that long to get used to QWERTY and they would still have jams.
They just can't figure out how to get everyone to change to Dvorak.
There is also Dvorak Right, and Dvorak Left for one armed people.

You can spell typewriter with the top row of keys in the QWERTY keyboard

Top Bottom