• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're forgiven, if you didn't push her off the road and down the hill.

Nope, just flipped it back over to get her out.

Attachments

• 20160616_123555.jpg
    20160616_123555.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 160

travelingman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
So far I like most things... except the instrument cluster.

I also want a turbo-diesel hybrid and 25" carbon fiber wheels with melon shooter pipes and room for 8 adults.

(one of these sentences has some sarcasm in it)
I wrote to them inquiring whether there was a trip odometer and they told me they were considering it, but apparently not. Even my motorcycle has that.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I wrote to EM <again> and asked about the dash in the E-series compared to the P5 instrument cluster; here's what they had to say:
Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 30, 19:00 EDT

Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

So we get the Elgin only, end of discussion as far as EM is concerned.
Back to the Coss Cluster; I've decided that the gauges in mine will be White Face, Black numbers, black classic style pointer.
As for the other warning lights, they will be dealt with once I have one to work with.
Switches for all other accessories; I'm using a lighted rocker switches and not toggle.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I see where you chipped some paint off of her. That'll cost you.

As for the laughter, it's good laughter. It's relieved laughter, that after the accident where she could have been seriously hurt or dead, she's alive and unharmed enough that she can focus on something that, with all that happened, seemed trivial. Hope she's out of the hospital and mobile. As for making up, I like the advice the clock in "Beauty and the Beast" gave: "Flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep..."

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wrote to EM <again> and asked about the dash in the E-series compared to the P5 instrument cluster; here's what they had to say:
Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 30, 19:00 EDT

Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

So we get the Elgin only, end of discussion as far as EM is concerned.
Back to the Coss Cluster; I've decided that the gauges in mine will be White Face, Black numbers, black classic style pointer.
As for the other warning lights, they will be dealt with once I have one to work with.
Switches for all other accessories; I'm using a lighted rocker switches and not toggle.

OK, Paul gets to honor whomever he wants with the Elgin-inspired instruments. It's a poor design/marketing decision, but his to make.

All I want to know is where to get the "placeholder" instruments shown in E1A. I'll swap them out myself in order to honor those who gave us legible instruments.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, Paul gets to honor whomever he wants with the Elgin-inspired instruments. It's a poor design/marketing decision, but his to make.

All I want to know is where to get the "placeholder" instruments shown in E1A. I'll swap them out myself in order to honor those who gave us legible instruments.
http://www.classicinstruments.com/
You want the 3 3/8" gauges; one is a speedo/tach the other one is the 4 in one gauge
There is no room to put in anything bigger just those 2.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.classicinstruments.com/
You want the 3 3/8" gauges; one is a speedo/tach the other one is the 4 in one gauge
There is no room to put in anything bigger just those 2.

Thank you! I appreciate having the option.

In hindsight, I'm glad Paul Elio's father didn't like bar graphs.

I'm an electrical engineer in an industrial controls R&D department. If I can help in any way with this retrofit, please let me know.

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I can appreciate your relief. Last month, I turned my backhoe over into a ditch. I rode it out and stayed inside the roll cage. I got a slightly bruised shoulder out of it. Now the wife wants to watch me use the backhoe. She couldn't do anything, but it is nice to know she cares.

Top Bottom