• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Atvm Loan Requirement Changes

luckylu15

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the e-mail I sent to my congressional rep.
The Alternate Technology Vehicle Manufacturing loan program has money to loan. They have loaned over $8 billion to Ford, $5 billion to Nissan and $425 million to Tesla. Tesla is the only one to pay it back. Elio Motors (which is based here in Phoenix) has asked for a small portion of that. They submitted their application in 2014 and still have not been given the loan. Elio will change the face of transportation. They are going to mass produce a 2 person vehicle that costs $7300 and gets 84 miles per gallon. The vehicle will be made in the USA employing American workers and using parts from American companies. Please if you do not already know the full story of Elio Motors go to their web site and see the wonderful idea to change transportation for so many.
Please let me know the status of their loan, who I can write to too support them, and let me know if YOU can do anything to help move this company forward. Thank You!
I believe if every Elio deposit holder sent this or something similar to their Rep. they may take some notice.
I will post the response, if I get one.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the e-mail I sent to my congressional rep.
The Alternate Technology Vehicle Manufacturing loan program has money to loan. They have loaned over $8 billion to Ford, $5 billion to Nissan and $425 million to Tesla. Tesla is the only one to pay it back. Elio Motors (which is based here in Phoenix) has asked for a small portion of that. They submitted their application in 2014 and still have not been given the loan. Elio will change the face of transportation. They are going to mass produce a 2 person vehicle that costs $7300 and gets 84 miles per gallon. The vehicle will be made in the USA employing American workers and using parts from American companies. Please if you do not already know the full story of Elio Motors go to their web site and see the wonderful idea to change transportation for so many.
Please let me know the status of their loan, who I can write to too support them, and let me know if YOU can do anything to help move this company forward. Thank You!
I believe if every Elio deposit holder sent this or something similar to their Rep. they may take some notice.
I will post the response, if I get one.
There is one problem with your idea; Elio Motors has asked us not to do exactly what your suggesting.
It actually can cause more harm than good at this time.

There is also a very long post on this exact same topic; have you read any of that one yet?
We'll take and merge this new one with it to make it easier to find.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So forgive me if I missed it, but has Elio Motors officially submitted for the ATVM loan, or are they waiting on the 65,000 pre-orders to help prove the public interest?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the situation is that Elio has applied but the ATVM committee needs proof of real interest and are waiting for Elio to submit a "look how many binding agreements we have" letter before making their decision.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found this without much effort:

https://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors-locks-in-its-price/

My understanding: the binding agreements are "part of the final steps of the evaluation of our application for the ATVM loan" so hopefully there is good news in the near future about the application.

Has there been any announcement as to the successfulness of the conversion from non-binding to binding?

RonnieB

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I found this without much effort:

https://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors-locks-in-its-price/

My understanding: the binding agreements are "part of the final steps of the evaluation of our application for the ATVM loan" so hopefully there is good news in the near future about the application.

Has there been any announcement as to the successfulness of the conversion from non-binding to binding?
Not that I know of but I cannot see why they would not approve the ATVM Loan.

Top Bottom