• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Boat Towing

Wulff81

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The best two days in a boat owners life, as they say, are; the day they buy the boat, and the day they sell the boat. Judging by my boat owning friends experiences, splitting gas for a day out is by far the cheap way to go boating. I'll stick to that! Although I think that tiny boat would make a slick little tow behind trailer just for carrying stuff as well as get some good looks and laughs.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best two days in a boat owners life, as they say, are; the day they buy the boat, and the day they sell the boat. Judging by my boat owning friends experiences, splitting gas for a day out is by far the cheap way to go boating. I'll stick to that! Although I think that tiny boat would make a slick little tow behind trailer just for carrying stuff as well as get some good looks and laughs.
Having owned boats in all sizes from a 12 foot aluminum boat to a 34 foot trawler I agree with your two best days comment. Loved buying them, using them and more importantly selling them.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
One reason to prefer sailboats :) I look forwarding to towing a hobie cat behind the elio to the beach

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There will have to be some kind of receiver or mounting for me. Gotta get my mountain bike to the mountains somehow. I'm sure there will be no shortage of options for my needs. A receiver for a trailer though, might have to take a page from the Honda Gold-wing book. Some sort of extend-a-frame deal.
There are plenty of future Elio owners who want a trailer hitch and many of the forum members are very creative. It won't take too many weeks after Elio deliveries begin before some enterprising new owner figures out an acceptable hitch. This is assuming that some after market supplier hasn't already designed one.

Nate_tx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

My boat has a printed sticker on the glove box " Ass, Gas or Grass - Nobody rides for free!" It's a 22ft Chaparral Supersport with a 454 380hp Magnum in it. At WOT uses 27 GPH. Gas at the marina is about 4.50-5 bux so yes.. Ahem you better bring some cash, hot pair of totties or some of the best Colorado has to offer - because a Ice chest full of cold Keystone Lights aint cuttin it at these prices anymore.

Top Bottom