• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Borrow $240 Mil, Or Borrow Alot Less And Start Out Slow?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
............"While we may not have access to all the details and minutiae of this project, there has been enough time and enough information to draw up a limited set of reasonable conclusions."..............

Unfortunately, those are called assumptions. And we know what "assume" does to us.
Does Paul Elio assume that one of the funding options will materialize in time for the assumed 2016 Deadline?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bet they have had more than one.
And who is "she". I can guess, but why not tell me.
I posted official commission meeting minutes Elio statements made to all the commissioners regarding equipment costs period. I don't give a rats butt about the commissioners in general. Feel free to read the entire Meeting minutes as it's official public record.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
There appears to be some confusion going on as to what amount of funding EM is seeking at the moment. EM is NOT actively trying to find $200+ million from private investors right now. Instead, as Paul Elio has explained on video several times recently, EM is currently only seeking $30 million which is mostly intended to build approximately 25 pre-production prototypes (E-series) and 31 engines which they will use to complete the vehicle and engine development and testing process which will result in EM having a fully engineered and tested vehicle ready for production.

It is likely that at some point during this final testing cycle EM will seek another round of funding however as of yet we do not know what amount is intended for that step out of the $200 or so million EM has told us they need to for this project total. It is also not clear how much, if any, of that amount is intended for additional steps beyond production setup such as rolling out retail sales which will require funding for a mass marketing campaign, setting up the distribution network, and setting up and staffing the retail stores.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please tell us what meeting those minutes are from.

Go to the search box on this web page, pick a year and type in elio motors in the search box.
you can download the minutes, or watch a video on the actual meeting, by clicking on the little tv icon.
http://www.caddo.org/agendacent

Last edited:
Top Bottom