• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bulge

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After seeing that the bulge should be removable I was really grooving on the idea of swapping the exhaust for one of these:
h1050_lg.jpg

But after realizing that the elio will be my foul weather motorcycle and remembering how awful it is to clean exhaust pipes that have been in the rain I have softened on that idea and will instead look toward some type of thing to make the exhaust opening nicer. I like the idea of an oval or baloney cut so something like this but with only one larger pipe instead of 3 tiny fake exhaust pipes.

yhst-131964867535317_2392_534003318.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
After seeing that the bulge should be removable I was really grooving on the idea of swapping the exhaust for one of these:
h1050_lg.jpg

But after realizing that the elio will be my foul weather motorcycle and remembering how awful it is to clean exhaust pipes that have been in the rain I have softened on that idea and will instead look toward some type of thing to make the exhaust opening nicer. I like the idea of an oval or baloney cut so something like this but with only one larger pipe instead of 3 tiny fake exhaust pipes.

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo I like that!! :thumb:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Sweet! Three cylinders pumping into two might confuse the engineers, But the look is probably better than either one or three.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
h1050_lg.jpg

yhst-131964867535317_2392_534003318.jpg
First off I like, maybe you can make room for a speaker for one of these:http://www.carguygarage.com/soundracer.html :rolleyes:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Sound Racer would be great on someone's motorized wheelchair.

Side note: All my old cars have manual steering. I recently drove a new vehicle with power steering and I never felt anything in the steering wheel. It felt unusual.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Sound Racer would be great on someone's motorized wheelchair.

Side note: All my old cars have manual steering. I recently drove a new vehicle with power steering and I never felt anything in the steering wheel. It felt unusual.
What kind of car? It might have been one of the new "steer by wire" ones (they have no mechanical connection from the steering wheel to the front wheels)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My P5 photos, from the LA Auto Show, have been uploaded to a Facebook photo album for now:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153784576217269&type=1&l=50245f2659

(This is a public album that does not require a Facebook account for viewing}

Pop quiz ........
Wonder how many people noticed .....
The zerk fitting on the upper "A" arm ........
The braided brake cable routing along the upper "A" arm ..........
The lack of a grease fitting on the rear swing arm .......​
Just minor details to tweak in production.

Top Bottom