• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delay To 2017 And Beyond

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had I said 'Hey Jerome said this!', that is spreading a rumor. Saying 'Any truth to this?' is asking a question, but your point is well taken.

I just thought that someone may have heard this before. Again. my apologies.

[edit] Actually, saying 'I heard that Jerome said this.' is spreading a rumor. If I heard Jerome say something then said 'Hey, Jerome said this!', that is disseminating information.

Last edited:

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
  1. 'Cause I don't have the access to Elio or Jerome that others on here may have.
  2. 'Cause they may already have been asked this 100 times and instead of bothering them, I thought I'd ask here if someone else had heard that and could answer the question.
  3. There are people on here that pay a lot more attention to things than I do, so I figured someone would know the answer.
Sorry if I added to your confusion.

I agree with your logic, if you hear something, ask if anyone else knows if it is true or not ..

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
  1. 'Cause I don't have the access to Elio or Jerome that others on here may have.
  2. 'Cause they may already have been asked this 100 times and instead of bothering them, I thought I'd ask here if someone else had heard that and could answer the question.
  3. There are people on here that pay a lot more attention to things than I do, so I figured someone would know the answer.
Sorry if I added to your confusion.
Wait, so you're saying the Elio definitely wont happen and we will all be arrested for being part of a Ponzi scheme?? (snow balling the rumor)

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
gas-on-the-fire.jpg

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since people say we should go to the source, this is what was posted on Elio Motors facebook page.......

It is alleged that at a recent show Jerome said ...... 'production will not start in 2016 and 2017 is not etched in stone' ....... Don't know that I lend it a lot of credibility, but it is troubling afters Paul's recent interview with the 'female person' from Shreveport where he was quoted as saying ........"Not in six months. It should be less than two years."................... Would you care to comment on either of those comments?

Will let you know if Official Elio ID responds.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since people say we should go to the source, this is what was posted on Elio Motors facebook page.......

It is alleged that at a recent show Jerome said ...... 'production will not start in 2016 and 2017 is not etched in stone' ....... Don't know that I lend it a lot of credibility, but it is troubling afters Paul's recent interview with the 'female person' from Shreveport where he was quoted as saying ........"Not in six months. It should be less than two years."................... Would you care to comment on either of those comments?

Will let you know if Official Elio ID responds.

Nicely done!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the P5 scheduled to roll out around Thanksgiving, the amount of work to do, and the amount of funding needed does anybody seriously think the current anticipated 2016 production schedule is possible? I haven't witnessed any physical progress since the anticipated 2015 production schedule delay. Common sense and logic says 2017 is more likely, but not etched in stone, pending EBuilds, testing and funding issues. It seems we will get more speculative information from EM after the next suppliers summit. I don't think EM knows for sure at this point in time. It's ready when it's ready.

Things seem positive, but I won't believe a word from EM or anybody else's pro or con speculation, until I see the P5 on the ground powered by the IAV engine and fully specified drive train roaring around the test track at top speed verified by a close up image of the Elgin dash speedometer and some E6-30 frames on a rack. EM said 20 weeks to the P5 so lets see how that promised pre-production schedule pans out.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they finish 1 vehicle on Dec 31st, at 11:59 pm, does that count? then yes 2016 is no problem..
Yes, that counts if rolled off the official factory tooled assembly line, assembled by officially trained factory workers, and other Elios continue rolling off directly behind #1. I will be doing cartwheels if that actually happens and I've never done a cartwheel in my 68 years.

Top Bottom