• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My logic is since the Elgin dash was in the P5........it was apparently updated to the anticipated production dash in the E1c.
The P5 is also the only one of the prototypes that had the Elgin dash; it was also driven by a number of different people.
Those that drove it (maybe including Paul) got to use it in a real time situation.
Notice we've never heard any comments about it in any of the video's or articles by the people that drove it.

Personally, I think there were comments (how could there not be) but they were included (neither good or bad).
And the person that was hearing it (PE) was upset by them. Or it could be that he drove it and realized how difficult it was to read them.

Or the one driving force behind the whole build; the Elgin's were too expensive to include (it is a custom built one off gauge set and probably 3 or 4 times as expensive as a standard "off, the shelf" part.

<This is my personal opinion only>

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A majority of buyers ??(I assume you mean folks who have put $ money down- there are no buyers yet)) would be north of 30,000 people.
If you narrow it down to our group here for sure. We have a tendency here, *the believers" to not fully appreciate what a small group we are, constantly reinforcing each other, towards the success of this project. Think about it, only 60k people out of the total population, after ALL these years is a VERY, VERY small number, and even with the opportunity to have a refundable deposit, I think it's a very poor public response.
To that, I must say R U CRAYZE?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It isn't a survey of likely buyers it was a survey of folks on only this site that voted.
BTW as another member said, I'll take it whatever the dash :-)
It's hardly a scientific sample, but I suspect it's not too far off from accurate. Not all those with reservations will wind up buying and not all who wind up buying have reservations. But I don't think there is a significant or inherent difference between the two populations and the respondents from this board.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To that, I must say R U CRAYZE?
The last stat I heard was that less than 5% of the population were even aware of Elio. That means roughly 1.2 Million would be expected to respond before even getting to the additions which come from having an actual product to see and sell and those who can't afford extra money with which to speculate.

I think the response has been FANTASTIC!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P5 is also the only one of the prototypes that had the Elgin dash; it was also driven by a number of different people.
Those that drove it (maybe including Paul) got to use it in a real time situation.
Notice we've never heard any comments about it in any of the video's or articles by the people that drove it.

Personally, I think there were comments (how could there not be) but they were included (neither good or bad).
And the person that was hearing it (PE) was upset by them. Or it could be that he drove it and realized how difficult it was to read them.

Or the one driving force behind the whole build; the Elgin's were too expensive to include (it is a custom built one off gauge set and probably 3 or 4 times as expensive as a standard "off, the shelf" part.

Actually i am pretty sure the p5 instruments were never hooked up.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the test drive where the fender came off, the gauges were non-functional. (This was revealed at about the 10 minute mark in the video). So how could they truly form an opinion? Anyway, lets not get into a gauge war.

Last edited:
Top Bottom