• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no comparison of these 2 vehicles if they don't meet your individual needs. The Solo and Elio are not competing for the same market demographic. The vast majority of potential Future Elio Owner's have zero interest in EVs. It doesn't mean that you can't appreciate the other concepts about to hit the market. Buy what you like, like what you drive.

Keep in mind when referencing cost of the Solo's battery pak replacement the Elio may blow out an engine or 2 along the way, and or need a tranny repair or replacement along with routine oil changes, and possible radiator repairs. Nobody knows how reliable either of these vehicles are going to be. All I am sure of is the fun factor and affordability of both having no real preference. I will without a doubt be driving the first one that hits the production line. I've nothing negative to say about either the Elio, Solo, or SRK. Go three wheels!

The advantage of the Solo is no back seat driver until the Solo Twinn hits the production line. EM, ElectraM, and Arcimoto are marketing to the 83% of the population that commutes to work alone as a supplement to the family car Not a replacement.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No... it won't. Not really... definitely not when comparing it to the Elio...
Let's race:

Elio = $8,000 + gas for 217,000 miles @ 70MPG and $2.25/gal + 50 $100 oil changes = $15,000
Solo = $15,500 + $0 (you found a way to steal electricity from the neighbor) = $15,000

It's a tie!!!

Well, here I sit, putting 15,000 miles on a car a year waiting 14.46 years till the Solo finally equals the Elio in price to own. Whew... what a wait. Oh, crap, the battery pack needs replacing. Dammit!

(Oh, my Elio has Air conditioning AND air bags... AND can carry a second person should I want to do such a thing)
OK Ty,
Why the heck did you have to tell everybody?
All that was supposed to be a big secret. Now look at what you did!
Geeeesh.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
solofrunk.jpg

"Who let the dogs out?"

Last edited:

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing I can say for the Solo is that it is cheaper to own than any 4-wheel commuter available today. Something like the Versa is a couple grand cheaper up front, but that will be made up in gas cost savings quite quickly. And any other EV is just too expensive to be economical.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At least there is Helix photo up with a note that says coming soon. There could be some kind of union ceremony required between the FTRC Forum owner and Helix Motors before the official FTRC reopening.

No way in heck the Helix will make production in my lifetime, so I will be happy driving around in my Solo, SRK, and Elio (range extender). 3 vehicles for the anticipated price of one anticipated Helix concept.

Just checked... Not open yet. It would be a bad thing if they ruined the 'integrity' of the postings.
Anyway, Elio has secured the ATVM loan. Wanted to post it on FTRC

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Voyager, I THINK this might be an overstepping of the author of the article:

"Apart from a crowd-funding initiative last year, Elio Motors also secured the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) loan program under the Department of Energy early this year."

Early this year? I'm pretty sure the author is referencing the fact that Elio has applied and made progress with the ATVM loan...not SECURED it...yet ;)

Top Bottom