• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Gas And Temp Gauges

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Where do you get 6500 RPM red line?
I thought I had read someplace that it would be more like 7200 to 7500 RPM.
I'm trying to find a HUD with the correct display range.

That's my personal red line setting, the first of two red lights on the gauge. The last light I'll set to the factory specification, whatever that is.

The Shift-i allows you to program the range of the seven lights on the unit and the RPM spacing between them. It also allows for a variety of modes including incremental (left to right increasing number of lights), and other popular shift light patterns. You can also buy different light configurations. This unit is curved and should overlay the puny tach on the Magoo without obscuring any other information as most of the Magoo is empty, wasted space, anyway.

The real problem with the Magoo is the potential sales damage that might occur when it is panned by the major auto magazines as a ridiculous, dysfunctional design. The Elio philosophy is to use existing parts to minimize design and tooling costs in a modern, logical design. This dash is the opposite. Money and energy had to be spent on its development, it does a poor job as a dashboard, its an accident waiting to happen as you have to read moving gauges, a spinning tach field in a tiny window is useless, and it violates most best-practices for modern dashboards. Other than that, its great....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That's my personal red line setting, the first of two red lights on the gauge. The last light I'll set to the factory specification, whatever that is.

The Shift-i allows you to program the range of the seven lights on the unit and the RPM spacing between them. It also allows for a variety of modes including incremental (left to right increasing number of lights), and other popular shift light patterns. You can also buy different light configurations. This unit is curved and should overlay the puny tach on the Magoo without obscuring any other information as most of the Magoo is empty, wasted space, anyway.

The real problem with the Magoo is the potential sales damage that might occur when it is panned by the major auto magazines as a ridiculous, dysfunctional design. The Elio philosophy is to use existing parts to minimize design and tooling costs in a modern, logical design. This dash is the opposite. Money and energy had to be spent on its development, it does a poor job as a dashboard, its an accident waiting to happen as you have to read moving gauges, a spinning tach field in a tiny window is useless, and it violates most best-practices for modern dashboards. Other than that, its great....
That's why I'm glad I have already found the replacement for it. And once I get the measurements I asked certain people to get me about the existing dash the sooner I can post it.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why I'm glad I have already found the replacement for it. And once I get the measurements I asked certain people to get me about the existing dash the sooner I can post it.
upload_2016-5-19_15-1-9.png

Audi Sexes Up 48-Volt Conversion With New Electric Turbo RS5 TDI
www.car-revs-daily.com3473 × 2315Search by image
Audi Sexes Up 48-Volt Conversion With New Electric Turbo RS5 TDI 2 ...

Top Bottom