• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Bucket List

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just curious. Does anyone have experience drifting a front wheel drive car? I've done a few handbrake turns in my younger days in FWD cars but not exactly drifting. It would seem the handbrake would be the only way to control traction of the rear wheel in a turn.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just curious. Does anyone have experience drifting a front wheel drive car? I've done a few handbrake turns in my younger days in FWD cars but not exactly drifting. It would seem the handbrake would be the only way to control traction of the rear wheel in a turn.

Maybe, put 50 or 60 psi in the rear tire and soak it in Armor All! :cool: :D That way, you could practice at "low speeds." If what EM has said is true...(iirc, something like)..." To roll the Elio would require going backwards at 35 mph and turning the front wheels sharply." I wouldn't want the rear to break loose at higher speeds. :eek: :oops:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe, put 50 or 60 psi in the rear tire and soak it in Armor All! :cool: :D That way, you could practice at "low speeds." If what EM has said is true...(iirc, something like)..." To roll the Elio would require going backwards at 35 mph and turning the front wheels sharply." I wouldn't want the rear to break loose at higher speeds. :eek: :oops:

interesting .... that's the first time I've heard that .... to me it speaks well of the trike's stability

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As for rolling over going backwards to fast and turning to sharp some cars will also. My ATV that has 4 wheels limits reverse speed for that reason.
To get more power in reverse when need you have to manual over ride the safety.
Roll back wards down hill on my bike grab to much brake and fall down is very likely.
Not an issue with the ELIO

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want to drive it to North Dakota, it is the only state I have not been to yet. I will hold out going there until I have one.
When you drive into ND, come in on I-94 the west side of the state, more interesting landscapes around the Bad Lands. Don't forget the Peace Garden in the North. Never been there myself, it's on my list but several family members have and enjoyed it. There is also the enchanted highway ( can't remember the # right now) an artist built metal sculptures along it and they are very interesting.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have daydreams of supercharging my Elio . Upgrade the suspension springs , modify the front and rear inspired by a '32 coupe and route the exhaust through the rear of the body . From some recent depictions of the P5 , it appears that the exhaust will be placed the way I imagined it should .

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go big, Alaska to Chile!
Go pro'ing all the way
Do NOT drive your Elio to Alaska! Normal tires are not meant for Alaskan gravel roads. The gravel is sharp edged, not weathered smooth like ours, and it cuts tires. I had 4.5 flat tires (one was a failed patch) in my two months there. Trust me, a pump-up air can will not do the job up there!

Top Bottom