• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio. Car With A Hernia.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I went to the article where that picture was pulled from (the commenters were typical trolls and think the should be as fast as the T-Rex and would rather have side by side seating)

But they also have a poorly lit view of the base of the windshield and a dash (notice light inside the Elio on the Right A Piller; is that a normal light? Or is that there just for this presentation?
Base of windshield.jpg

Dash of E dark.jpg

So what comes to mind is, which E is this? I don't think it's the E1A I think it might be the E1C

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to the article where that picture was pulled from (the commenters were typical trolls and think the should be as fast as the T-Rex and would rather have side by side seating)

But they also have a poorly lit view of the base of the windshield and a dash (notice light inside the Elio on the Right A Piller; is that a normal light? Or is that there just for this presentation?
View attachment 11589

View attachment 11590

So what comes to mind is, which E is this? I don't think it's the E1A I think it might be the E1C
Notice the oval opening for the oval stereo. Does not look like a DIN opening. Everything was suppose to be "off the shelf" components.
The stereo is not.
The gauges look like they are.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe a smaller exhaust system/pipe. Extra clearance means less heat problem, also a place for maybe some airflow to push out the hot air around the exhaust system?.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may not be deeper, but the lines are simpler. There was a edge removed along the top of the bulge, now a deep slope, and the whole bulge is now a panel in a recess rather than just placed on top of the lower side panel. If you ever opt to removed the bulge you will now need a replacement flat panel to bolt your external(ized) exhaust pipe to.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 11589

View attachment 11590

See how nicely those gauges fit in the stock Elio dash? :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
See how nicely those gauges fit in the stock Elio dash? :D
I'd like that twice if I could.
Yes, remember we were told they were just "place holders"
So if this the E1C (as mentioned, they don't list the model) and the public display Elio; shouldn't it have the gauge cluster that's going to come with it?
Doesn't matter to me, I'm now working with the vendor and we're figuring out how to make it PnP wiring harness.

New item I found out; they offer making the gauge face any color you want; but if it's a custom color (like to match the interior or a custom body color) other than Black, White or Gray; they can do it for a slight additional charge <cough> $620 a pair, includes pointers and number color.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slow news days... waiting for something exciting to talk about here. So.
The hernia is still bothering me, so I reopened my question to Elio.

" This is a follow-up to your previous request #93684 "Other"

Hello, The exhaust run is still on my mind. It is fully enclosed, so where does the heat dissipate to ?

I think it better to run it between the body and frame, with a heat shield above and open air below, to enable the heat to escape to open air if possible.This could possibly allow a simpler smoother design, better heat dissipation, and a lower manufacture cost.

Best wishes, and I am really looking forward to seeing a finalized ELIO. "

Oct 11, 15:13 EDT

Hello Michael,
Thanks for the suggestion! We have forwarded it to the right people for further consideration.

Thanks,
Elio Team

Last edited:
Top Bottom