• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We must be reading the $600 total wrong. Isn't that the least we can buy and go up from there.
Yes. $600 is the min. amount. You can buy more, but the way I read it, you aren't guaerenteed your entire pledge. Sounded like everyone that pledged is going to get the min. 50 shares. After everyone gets the min.. the rest will be spread around to those who want more.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are examples of two different scenarios to help clear things up:
Person A, B and C all expressed interest before the "testing the waters" phase was closed. Person D did not express interest

When the 7-day window opens, A requests $600, B requests $2000, and C requests $20000. D is not yet allowed to request to purchase shares.

Scenario 1: Total requests for the 7-day window end up at $20 million from 7000 people
Person A, B and C and all of the rest of the 7000 are all allowed to purchase their full request amount
Then the remaining $5 million below the cap will be offered for purchased by anyone (including person D and any of the 7000) on a first come, first serve basis.

Scenario 2: Total requests for the 7-day window are $35 million from 10000 people
The total must be reduced to keep it under the cap, so pro-rating is applied to get down to $25 million.
In this case Person A still purchases $600 worth of shares, but the purchases for B and C are reduced to $1512 and $13308 respectively.
In this case, only the 10000 people who requested purchases in the 7-day window are able to participate. Person D (along with everyone else outside of the 10000) does not have an opportunity to purchase shares at all.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Re: October 16, 2015 email

Under the section, Current “Over-Demand” for Shares, the last word of the paragraph, need, has what I believe is a footnote numbered 1. I have clicked on this and get nothing. Shouldn’t more information be coming up?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone notice how this affected the reservations, not that it matters too much to us now. But it's jumped ($39.9m) and will go over $40m probably by Monday. Apparently the general people is worried about getting in the game, which also says a lot of this is intent for real money.
I think EM can have their $30m if they want it. And why wouldn't they?

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone notice how this affected the reservations, not that it matters too much to us now. But it's jumped ($39.9m) and will go over $40m probably by Monday. Apparently the general people is worried about getting in the game, which also says a lot of this is intent for real money.
I think EM can have their $30m if they want it. And why wouldn't they?
Those thoughts came to mind as soon as I got the email.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$25,000,000
Funding Goal160%Reserved$40,001,759in non-binding indications of interest received so far10729Reservations

Super!, so since I'm up anyway, I'll make the final report after 1am, and publish the charts. So Sunday morning we all can sip a bit of satisfaction for just a little.

Top Bottom