• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read a financial article that referred to this type of fundraising as being a "mini IPO." I realized that by accepting funds from the general public for a new stock issue, they were absolutely correct.

In recognition that this results in more money and more pressure for the issuing start-up company, I quote an excerpt by Christina Bechold, co-founder of New York based Empire Angels as noted in The Wall Street Journal:

"The more outside capital you take on, the more pressure you'll feel. You'll give up ownership, your valuation will creep higher and investors will expect more with every dollar. Only take them when you're confident you can satisfy all your stakeholders."

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read a financial article that referred to this type of fundraising as being a "mini IPO." I realized that by accepting funds from the general public for a new stock issue, they were absolutely correct.

In recognition that this results in more money and more pressure for the issuing start-up company, I quote an excerpt by Christina Bechold, co-founder of New York based Empire Angels as noted in The Wall Street Journal:

"The more outside capital you take on, the more pressure you'll feel. You'll give up ownership, your valuation will creep higher and investors will expect more with every dollar. Only take them when you're confident you can satisfy all your stakeholders."
But, by taking a small amount each from a large number of people, Paul will have more actual control than if he took the same amount of money from 1 investor.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did Paul Elio say (possibly on Reddit) a major funding announcement would be made in a few weeks? I thought someone posted this.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The labor portion of a car's cost, contrary to popular belief, is on the order of two grand or so. Unions, who made a middle class possible, are nearly powerless, and even if you eliminated labor costs entirely, it wouldn't make a dent in the cost of your car, as they'd just take the profit. And pensions are deferred compensation, taken in place of pay, and so are not additional costs of labor.
Each car made today pays yesterday's pensions.

Reaction score
Not that I remember. But, the suppliers summit will be held the end of July and soon after that they will be able to announce a more solid production start date. OH, and the start engine will stop taking stock interest data by August first. That is when elio will decide if they are going to file for the next step.

Top Bottom