• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.... No, they are taking care to squeeze the last penny until it yells and to get the very best design that money, time and talent allows. ...
Please explain how the Elgin dash design is "the very best design", and how choosing to design and manufacture unique gauges (in small limited quantities) is cost effective..... when many other gauges are available 'off the shelf', have been road/driver tested, and would be less expensive.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Please explain how the Elgin dash design is "the very best design", and how choosing to design and manufacture unique gauges (in small limited quantities) is cost effective..... when many other gauges are available 'off the shelf', have been road/driver tested, and would be less expensive.
Now I see WHY you have that 'username'!...... although I could think of others.

I thought I was having fun with a troll however it looks like you are simply obtuse as you continuously bring up these fictional gauges which only exist in your head. The simple fact is that the Elgin dash we have seen is entirely digital and only meant to give the impression of spinning dials. They have apparently done an excellent job designing them, or maybe you are easy to fool?, as they have you convinced they are real gauges.

Just to clarify things for you further, all digital means that there are absolutely no physical gauges on the Elgin dash. To further clarify what this means is that there is no need to custom manufacture anything as everything that makes up the Elgin dash is available 'off the shelf', has been road tested, and is inexpensive.

Last edited:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, not even biting on that one. If you can't bother to read my post, don't bother me.

Top Bottom