• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It "continues to be an issue", because Elio Motors (last week) has said; "the Elgin inspired dash is planned to be standard", and they have provided nothing except their 'original concept'. Posting a sketch or photo in their Weekly BLOG, takes no more time...... than writing an article about the latest "Tour Event"!View attachment 2772
"EM has said more information will be forthcoming when it is ready".....???? It better be 'ready' NOW, since EM is 'planning' to begin "E" Series construction (late Aug or Sep)...... they'll need a DASH to put in it. Should have pictures or at least drawings... by NOW.... or do you ?

Actually any smart person would believe believe they are still 'thinking', designing, and 'changing' it. Don't you? I am certain that any photo or rendering we see now still won't be the final design as they will very likely continue to work on it and tweak it until just before they lock down the assembly for final production.

EM very well may have a prototype dash sitting in their office right now however that does not mean they are ready to release that as they may want to do other things first many of which you may not agree with but that is just life.

You just continue to believe the world revolves around Roger and anything you believe should be the way it is done. I go back to the fact that it is EM's information and their Blog to do with as they see fit. That includes releasing information when they are "ready' to so. They will release the information when they are ready and if that does not please you well too freaking bad.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to think that all of the detailed specs have been finalized if the prototype builds have already or will be starting soon to insure staying on schedule. Sounds like the dash will be the Elgin design.....I could care less........because with my honed driving skills over the past 50+ years I can drive the $6800 Elio without even looking at the dash.

Note: Some of us have experienced following other 3 wheel concepts supposedly headed for production over the years on similar forums only to see them turn to vaporware. We may bring a little more skepticism to the table.......while providing the necessary support to get it done.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually any smart person would believe believe they are still 'thinking', designing, and 'changing' it. Don't you? I am certain that any photo or rendering we see now still won't be the final design as they will very likely continue to work on it and tweak it until just before they lock down the assembly for final production.

EM very well may have a prototype dash sitting in their office right now however that does not mean they are ready to release that as they may want to do other things first many of which you may not agree with but that is just life.

You just continue to believe the world revolves around Roger and anything you believe should be the way it is done. I go back to the fact that it is EM's information and their Blog to do with as they see fit. That includes releasing information when they are "ready' to so. They will release the information when they are ready and if that does not please you well too freaking bad.
This whole subject of wanting to see some final product of some part of the car fails to see an important point. They will continue to work, draw, design, redesign, redraw, create, scrap that creation, think, draw, design, redesign and then finish in what would seem the 11th hour. Why? Because that's how things are created. If you are looking for something quick to be finished (read slapdash here) then I fear you are connected with the wrong company. I can almost bet the farm (I've already bet some of it as have all of you) that they will continue to develop this car up to the last minute. Why? Because they are dithering? No, they are taking care to squeeze the last penny until it yells and to get the very best design that money, time and talent allows. So, relax, breathe deep and "enhance you calm, citizen!". The months just prior to production are going to scream by, news spitting out at you faster than you can take in. It's just how it works.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Beating+the+dead+horse.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It "continues to be an issue", because Elio Motors (last week) has said; "the Elgin inspired dash is planned to be standard", and they have provided nothing except their 'original concept'. Posting a sketch or photo in their Weekly BLOG, takes no more time...... than writing an article about the latest "Tour Event"!View attachment 2772
"EM has said more information will be forthcoming when it is ready".....???? It better be 'ready' NOW, since EM is 'planning' to begin "E" Series construction (late Aug or Sep)...... they'll need a DASH to put in it. Should have pictures or at least drawings... by NOW.... or do you believe they are still 'thinking', designing, and 'changing' it?

You know Rogwild, the more you TALK about how much you absolutely HATE the Elgin dash concept, the more I seem to LIKE the design! In fact I LOVE it!....[NSTG8R isn't my screen name for nothing'...just ask my friends!]

Last edited:
Top Bottom