• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just thinking here! If they offer a very small radio flyer wagon wheel that extends down next to the rear wheel could they bypass all of those motorcycle laws? It now has 4 wheels! Come to think of it, why don't the big motorcycles with training wheels have to be licensed as cars? They have 4 wheels! No air bags or a seat belt though!

Sure but that defeats the purpose! MC = HOV, less regulations, etc.
Man, I wasn't going to get involved in this. Rats...

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So "Jerome said"..... how about Elio Motors SHOWING us in one of their Weekly BLOGS, or Tech Talks..... so this can end? They know the 'discontent' and have had several months to DO IT ..... IF they actually have something to show. Until that happens, we can only go on what they have 'officially' presented to us.

Attachments

• 0-ElginDash.jpg
    0-ElginDash.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 196

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So "Jerome said"..... how about Elio Motors SHOWING us in one of their Weekly BLOGS, or Tech Talks..... so this can end? They know the 'discontent' and have had several months to DO IT ..... IF they actually have something to show. Until that happens, we can only go on what they have 'officially' presented to us.
The only reason why this continues to be an issue is because of people, such as yourself, who insist on bringing it up and constantly yammering on about the old information instead of waiting for the new information as EM has said more information will be forthcoming when it is ready.

I believe many people have missed the irony of my comments as I am actually not really a fan of the Elgin design as written in the last line of my recent post:
Personally I would likely prefer mechanical gauges however even if EM dumps the Elgin idea I doubt we will see many gauges, other than speedo, tach, and fuel, as idiot lights are less expensive.
I do however understand that this is EM's project and they have a lot going on and while we would like to hear more about these details it is not realistic for us to expect them to bend to our every whim. I hope they take our comments under consideration however I do expect them to do whatever is best for EM regardless of my personal opinions about their decisions.

Last edited:

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It "continues to be an issue", because Elio Motors (last week) has said; "the Elgin inspired dash is planned to be standard", and they have provided nothing except their 'original concept'. Posting a sketch or photo in their Weekly BLOG, takes no more time...... than writing an article about the latest "Tour Event"!
0-ElginDash.jpg

"EM has said more information will be forthcoming when it is ready".....???? It better be 'ready' NOW, since EM is 'planning' to begin "E" Series construction (late Aug or Sep)...... they'll need a DASH to put in it. Should have pictures or at least drawings... by NOW.... or do you believe they are still 'thinking', designing, and 'changing' it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom