• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand keeping the price down but the P3 head lights we're made to look good with the LED trim so I'm looking fwd to some after market vendors to jump in after we get our Elios and hook me up. It's cheaper than what my other plan was a 2015 dodge challenger.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The idea of a virginity shield is sonething that scares away the opposite sex, ensuring that they aren't going to get laid.
Yep, that was the point of their statement, but little do they know a big market segment of Elio customers and fans lost their virginity years and years ago.............and for the younger Elio generation the backseat of an Elio would be as cool a place as any.
A good movie line by Will Farrell while driving a Prius......"this is like riding around in a vagina"..............and it didn't hurt Prius sales.........it gave birth to 2 additional Prius Models. Go Elio!

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I read that post too, and as ignorant as that guy is, he does represent a certain aspect of American's relation to their cars. He's not the only one who can't differentiate between their car and their reproductive anatomy.

I recently saw a bumper sticker that said:

I drive this small car to compensate for my really big ****

Kinda sums it all up.

Last edited:

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The idea of a virginity shield is sonething that scares away the opposite sex, ensuring that they aren't going to get laid.
I get the idea, but my point is that it's a widely held perception in our society that a big verile, powerful man must have a big, powerful car. A man driving a Geo is therefore NOT studly by public perception, thus the repulsive effect to the opposite sex. It's stupid, but perception is reality. Everyone think about it honestly; can you really say the car you are driving right now was not chosen in part because of what other people will think about it and about you for choosing it? Or for the impression it will convey about your financial success? If we were all strictly logical about it we would all drive the cheapest thing that goes from point a to b.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello! New member, but have been following the Elio for awhile. I am getting used to the new design, and I have my own opinions for a few more changes that I shall keep to myself. However, the new location of the headlights has grown on me, but as I was looking at them, I couldn't help but think that this new design is just begging for LED type headlights. I believe that the design of the car, with LED 's could be quite striking. It would also be for a marker light on the fender. Just my 2 cents!

Doug
Put an LED Halo around it, it would set it up perfectly.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get the idea, but my point is that it's a widely held perception in our society that a big verile, powerful man must have a big, powerful car. A man driving a Geo is therefore NOT studly by public perception, thus the repulsive effect to the opposite sex. It's stupid, but perception is reality. Everyone think about it honestly; can you really say the car you are driving right now was not chosen in part because of what other people will think about it and about you for choosing it? Or for the impression it will convey about your financial success? If we were all strictly logical about it we would all drive the cheapest thing that goes from point a to b.
Don't underestimate the uniqueness of the Elio. It will definitely be an attention getter and not just another common economy vehicle.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PJ, the angel eyes you posted are $169 a set before you even purchase the OE lights. The light housings to install them are around $500 per side before you buy OE ballasts or bulbs for the factory HIDs. That's around a $1600+ set of lights. Well out of the price range of an elio aiming for a sub 7k price.

Don't get me wrong, I love a sharp looking set of headlights or tail lights on my cars as much as the next guy, I just don't see the high end OE xenon lights fitting into the elio's pricing goals. These below were around $800 per side my cost to upgrade. Full retail they are over $2k. I could have replaced the stock halogen lights for under $700 total.
1545576233_2c7600cd6a_z.jpg

1546428734_972eefa696_z.jpg

1546450812_64948f460b_z.jpg
I have been thinking of putting these halos on my Ram 1500 for a while. While LEDs don't give much ambient light, they pierce thru the dark quite well.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, that was the point of their statement, but little do they know a big market segment of Elio customers and fans lost their virginity years and years ago.............and for the younger Elio generation the backseat of an Elio would be as cool a place as any.
A good movie line by Will Farrell while driving a Prius......"this is like riding around in a vagina"..............and it didn't hurt Prius sales.........it gave birth to 2 additional Prius Models. Go Elio!
Prius had a HUGE ad budget and they were molding public perception long before it was even launched. And they had a ready-made market in the ipod-West Coast-eco-show-off crowd. How's Elio's ad budget?

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Prius had a HUGE ad budget and they were molding public perception long before it was even launched. And they had a ready-made market in the ipod-West Coast-eco-show-off crowd. How's Elio's ad budget?
Was Mark Wahlberg's quote, actually in "The Other Guys."

Top Bottom