• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get the idea, but my point is that it's a widely held perception in our society that a big verile, powerful man must have a big, powerful car. A man driving a Geo is therefore NOT studly by public perception, thus the repulsive effect to the opposite sex. It's stupid, but perception is reality. Everyone think about it honestly; can you really say the car you are driving right now was not chosen in part because of what other people will think about it and about you for choosing it? Or for the impression it will convey about your financial success? If we were all strictly logical about it we would all drive the cheapest thing that goes from point a to b.
The car I am driving right now is the car I chose to purchase because I like the style, after the sale service, and can afford it........don't give a rats butt about what people think........and will be driving the Elio for the very same reason.........plus added fun factor.

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. Other than the early adopter, hard core fan, if it looks like... and I quote from someone's web site "a virginity shield", Elio will be hard pressed to sustain sales.

The idea of a virginity shield is sonething that scares away the opposite sex, ensuring that they aren't going to get laid.
I already have a virginity shield. Mrs. ThreeWheelBurnin... :(

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get the idea, but my point is that it's a widely held perception in our society that a big verile, powerful man must have a big, powerful car. A man driving a Geo is therefore NOT studly by public perception, thus the repulsive effect to the opposite sex. It's stupid, but perception is reality. Everyone think about it honestly; can you really say the car you are driving right now was not chosen in part because of what other people will think about it and about you for choosing it? Or for the impression it will convey about your financial success? If we were all strictly logical about it we would all drive the cheapest thing that goes from point a to b.
I do drive the cheapest thing that goes from point a to b.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The car I am driving right now is the car I chose to purchase because I like the style, after the sale service, and can afford it........don't give a rats butt about what people think........and will be driving the Elio for the very same reason.........plus added fun factor.
Nice to see some raational people out there, and naturally there would be more of them among Elio enthusiasts. myself, I'm older, married, and supporting a family. Can't even afford to be cool if I did care. But I have to admit, back in my younger days I did consider coolness factor in my car decisions.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice to see some raational people out there, and naturally there would be more of them among Elio enthusiasts. myself, I'm older, married, and supporting a family. Can't even afford to be cool if I did care. But I have to admit, back in my younger days I did consider coolness factor in my car decisions.
I agree that most Elio fans are very rational and practical people along with a few fun seekers. Heck, if you end up buying an Elio........you are still as cool factored as you were in your younger days. It will be a fun ride.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One headlight in the center? I don't want to ride around in a Cyclops. How about a school bus strobe light on the top. We could have it rotating if you like Zelio.
Believe me, I have no desire for a single light. I was simply responding to the idea of a single motorcycle light by suggesting maybe it should rotate like a train engine light. Give me two perfectly normal headlights. LOL :-) Z

Please excuse the bold print. My keyboard sometimes has a mind of its own. Keeps me from getting bored. LOL

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Believe me, I have no desire for a single light. I was simply responding to the idea of a single motorcycle light by suggesting maybe it should rotate like a train engine light. Give me two perfectly normal headlights. LOL :) Z

Please excuse the bold print. My keyboard sometimes has a mind of its own. Keeps me from getting bored. LOL
You are making some pretty BOLD statements there Z.

Top Bottom