• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Engine Unveiling 2/6/2015 -3/6/2015

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where's my 'don't hold your breath' image?
LOL... Not required. It was all said pretty tongue in cheek. But, the truth is that none of us can say with 100% certainty that what I said "can't" happen. Sure, it's bloody unlikely, but really... what do we really know? Not what we THINK is going on. What is 100% certain?

Robert7841

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My first thought was no need to speculate on why the delay, after all it fits the general pattern of delays. I think all the key people would have been enthusiastic about attendance to an advanced scheduled big media event. It might make sense that there are a few that have changed schedules now however. I would like to think as others have that there is a new scoop and brings in people not previously scheduled. I'll just hurry up and wait....

gio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm sure there was someone they REALLY want to be there. I can't imagine they would delay very long though. It would seem that time is of the essence or however that phrase goes. They need to get that engine worked out soon.

Of course, there will be a camp that thinks "The engine failed so they are covering this up till they can get another one cast." I'm not in that camp. But, I do hope they reveal it soon.
I think you nailed it. I've been thinking why would they delay it argued with friends about it and no one ever said about engine failure,so ur suggestions is the most credible to me.Thanks.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion there is a fourth option which is that the message is telling the simple truth with no more reading into it being necessary. A stakeholder or stakeholders can't make it for whatever reason and they are important enough to the project that moving this date is necessary regardless of the negative PR. To my thinking this would be a very small possible group of people including Paul Elio, Federal ATVM representatives, or investors with deep enough pockets to complete EM's funding needs.
I don't really see that as a separate option. Doing this without throwing the public a bone is invitation for more accusations and bad PR, as evidenced by the articles and discussion I've been seeing today. I'd like to think they're not stupid enough to keep letting everyone down without a VERY good reason.
My speculation is that reason is very good, benign, or very bad. If the reason is benign (e.g. Paul simply can't come), I think the way they're handling it is lacking.

Following on my previous comments, at this point I'm guessing they want the newly announced board member present at the unveiling. If that's all it was, I file it under "poor decisions".

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really see that as a separate option. Doing this without throwing the public a bone is invitation for more accusations and bad PR, as evidenced by the articles and discussion I've been seeing today. I'd like to think they're not stupid enough to keep letting everyone down without a VERY good reason.
My speculation is that reason is very good, benign, or very bad. If the reason is benign (e.g. Paul simply can't come), I think the way they're handling it is lacking.

Following on my previous comments, at this point I'm guessing they want the newly announced board member present at the unveiling. If that's all it was, I file it under "poor decisions".

What if EM can't throw the public a bone on this? That's why I wrote about this option being the one where you don't read anything more into what was written and take it at face value. EM could simply be stuck between a rock and a hard place as there are things which can occur and simply can not be discussed in detail. In these cases saying more could actually mean lying about what is happening. A potential example of this would be Paul Elio being called to the DOE for a meeting and the DOE asking EM to keep the meeting under wraps.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I think the "Public" right now, is a relatively small lot of us who are classic "fan boys". The real public wouldn't be reached until there's significant marketing, we have not seen significant marketing, we have been swimming in a great early adopter pool. In that regard, this set back is a non-issue, though it certainly feels like an issue inside the bubble.

Top Bottom