• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ Sema 2014

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard they were supposed to release the P5 Oct. 31st in Vegas, followed by the engine test Nov. 15th! Did anyone else read that same info? Can't remember where I read it, but I was really looking forward to seeing the final production model! Gotta say...lil disappointed! :(

The P5 being released Oct 31 was a misunderstanding on a radio show. Was unfortunately never true.

November 15 was the date for engine testing Paul Elio stated in some interview recently however I now understand there may unfortunately be a delay with that. Hopefully the delay will not take too long.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
November 15 was the date for engine testing Paul Elio stated in some interview recently however I now understand there may unfortunately be a delay with that. Hopefully the delay will not take too long.

any idea why ? .... was something discovered in the spin test that requires further work ?

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
any idea why ? .... was something discovered in the spin test that requires further work ?
Jim
whatever it is ... it can't be good

We don't know enough yet to say if this is a major issue or just a minor delay. This is a strange time to discover an issue as it is my understanding that the spin test happened several weeks ago then after the spin test the engine was disassembled and inspected before being reassembled in advance of dyno testing and possible SEMA showing. This sequence of events was discussed directly by Paul Elio in recent interviews.

It is possible something was discovered only when the engine was being reassembled however it is also possible there is some external issue affecting the testing. We will just have to wait and see what we find out.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard they were supposed to release the P5 Oct. 31st in Vegas, followed by the engine test Nov. 15th! Did anyone else read that same info? Can't remember where I read it, but I was really looking forward to seeing the final production model! Gotta say...lil disappointed! :(

You probably read it here, as wishful thinking, before the fact. The cart does often proceed the horse on this site.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lil disappointed.........as some would say ...They are moving forward. They just won't tell us where they are moving too.

Reaction score
I needed a reality check. Thanks Caribbean Z. I'm just upset that somebody didn't set the bad information about the pending Halloween announcement right. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I got tricked. ;-( Then the vague blog post about the tour team and the P-3 at the Fleet Managers thingy in Schaumburg IL with no new information or numbers put me back into a grump. This lesson in patience ... sucks. I need a pep rally.

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I live in Vegas and am dying to see the Elio in person. Unfortunately, the public display was only 9 to 12 and I was working at the time. I have the worst friggin luck. If anybody is going, and wants to let me borrow their pass to see it when they are done, that would be great... For all you wedding crashers, I will try to sneak in the sema show if I cant get a pass, and post some pictures. I was able to sneak in the AVN show and ces show. I just dont know how the security will be for sema.
a video of SEMA in Vegas for those that dont know:

Mod Edit: Embedded video removed due to complaint

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom