• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Town Hall Meeting With Paul Elio - August 16, 2014

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I agree. But one thing of particular importance was mentioned here, I think: Paul and the PR guy are worried about the over-the-top "fans" which might be doing more harm than good on all these forums. We've seen it here: anytime anyone brings up valid critiques, concerns, or issues, he is slammed as a "non-believer". Hell, half the forum here is ignoring me because I am NOT one of the Kook Aid drinkers.

I said it before, and Paul hinted that I'm right. YOU ZEALOTS ARE HURTING EM. Not helping.

I don't remember reading that. Would you please "post" that comment by Paul?

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am really glad to hear all this. It is up beat and sounds like they ARE on schedule working hard to get things together.
MK
YES; really great to get some news from Elio Motors, and 'the Man' himself! Difficult to tell if they "ARE on schedule", when no 'milestones' are posted, and the production date keeps 'slipping'; but we will see WHEN the IAV Engine gets assembled (and running), AND the 25 "E" Series vehicles get BUILT & TESTED, the DESIGN is "finalized", and some 'activity' actually begins at the Shreveport Plant. Also the 'Options Website' will be a great 'time filler'....... WHEN and IF it comes 'on line'! Lots of great TALK, now waiting for the ACTION!

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who is the term "zealot" aimed at?

The ones that screech irrationally at anyone who even slightly disagrees with the hive mind.

Also the ones that want to put out form letter flyers and won't accept no for an answer.

You know, like every zealot everywhere.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ones that screech irrationally at anyone who even slightly disagrees with the hive mind.

Also the ones that want to put out form letter flyers and won't accept no for an answer.

You know, like every zealot everywhere.

The difference is how we "each" as individuals choose to look at the same information. I see the members of this forum as intelligent and thoughtful individuals. You seem to see yourself as the most intelligent person in the group. Your "condescending" comments are intended to sway or bully people to your way of thinking...kind of like a "wanna be" cult leader searching for his own group of mindless followers....you know, zealots. It must be quite frustrating to you that few are listening to you. I guess we are not as mindless as you assume. Free speech says that you have the right to speak your mind. From what I have seen, there isn't much "depth." Isn't it nice that I have that same freedom of speech?

Last edited:

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Understood; we get them knocking on the door wanting to convert me to a religion. I tell them politely that I don't believe in religions and even if I did, I'm old enough to know which one I'd prefer.

Not seen any on this forum though.

You must be new. Read half the responses to my first month's worth of posts. "Burn him at the cross!!" was almost mentioned.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: Q. Rumor has it, funds have been received for the 25 E models?
A. Waiting on next round of funding. Then will pickup 25 prototypes.

This is very interesting. The statement "Then will pickup" means that
when the funds are released the prototypes can be paid for. The corollary
to that is the prototypes should be about ready & are waiting the payment....... :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom