• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Town Hall Meeting With Paul Elio - August 16, 2014

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how something could be almost mentioned. Perhaps I read the other half. ;)

I guess we each see/read/interpret what we want to. I saw, read, and interpreted most of the responses mentioned as shrill, over-the-top and borderline looney. One guy hinted he wanted to kill 'naysayers' like me.

Me: "In my opinion, His Highness The Emporer's clothes are looking a tad threadbare."
Zealots: "kill him!!"

Reading the zealot's posts here reminds me of

Paul Elio seems to agree with me that the zealots are better left alone, on the fringes.

Makes me respect him a HECK of a lot more, frankly.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
More interesting information resulting from the Town Hall:

This is a letter sent on August 18, 2014 to the Town Hall attendees:

From Elio Motors.

Hello all.

On behalf of Paul and the entire Elio Motors team, thank you for attending the Saturday, August 16 Town Hall meeting. Over these past 60-90 days, we have realized significant progress in our company history, due in large part to the support of our Elio fans such as yourself.

As discussed, below are several items that we wanted to share as a follow-up to our conversation.

Reservations to Date:
To date, almost 9 out of 10 reservations are “All In” non-refundable reservations.

Top 10 Most Requested Options (in order)
1. Cruise Control
2. Sunroof/Glass Panoramic Roof
3. Hot rod fenders
4. Trailer Hitch
5. Leather/Heat/Power Seat
6. Vented Rear Window
7. Backup Camera
8. Bluetooth Audio/Cell Phone
9. Custom Wraps
10. Spare Tire Carrier

With each day, Elio Motors is one step closer to realizing our vision. Thank you for coming along for the ride.

The Elio Motors Team

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio can't possibly weigh the same as a duck.
More than some and less than others.:D
duck3.jpg
duck.jpg
duck1.jpg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can live with both of those figures
For $7300 / 81 mpg, I would STILL be screaming for my Elio! Actually, if I can get out with a bunch of options for under $10K, I would STILL be screaming for my Elio!

$500 is 7% over the target price, and 81/84 is about 4% off the target highway mileage. Pretty darn close!

Last I heard (in June, from jerry Vassallo) they were at 82 highway with the current engine. I'm wondering how they'll actually do with the much torquier custom engine. I know it's all calculated, but real world performance is gonna vary -- hopefully to the good side.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For $7300 / 81 mpg, I would STILL be screaming for my Elio! Actually, if I can get out with a bunch of options for under $10K, I would STILL be screaming for my Elio!

$500 is 7% over the target price, and 81/84 is about 4% off the target highway mileage. Pretty darn close!

Last I heard (in June, from jerry Vassallo) they were at 82 highway with the current engine. I'm wondering how they'll actually do with the much torquier custom engine. I know it's all calculated, but real world performance is gonna vary -- hopefully to the good side.

True real world performance is different. I am able to push my current car to 35-40 mpg highway depending on terrain. its only rated @ 29mpg. I fully expect to exceed the Elio projected MPG of 84.

Top Bottom