• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Town Hall Meeting With Paul Elio - August 16, 2014

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This car has the Suzuki K10 3 cylinder engine 1.0L so its similarly sized to the Elio. Elio engine is a distant cousin. I think buying this drive train for Elio might have made sense for at least the first few years of production. Till Elio's 3 cyl is ready.

Last edited:

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This car has the Suzuki K10 3 cylinder engine 1.0L so its similarly sized to the Elio. Elio engine is a distant cousin. I think buying this drive train for Elio might have made sense for at least the first few years of production. Till Elio's 3 cyl is ready.

No, no, no - never have several different engines if you can at all avoid it. Would likely make future maintenance, repair, parts sourcing a nightmare, even if that engine's parts are still being produced in the future. Would need two shop manuals,
different exhausts, etc etc. This car cannot afford that kind of extraneous expense/confusion.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: So they have been looking at our data since we updated it although it wasn't officially applied since yesterday. I got some insight that they like the application.

The Elio Motors Team

Just doing the simple math: 250,000 units sold (2nd year/ includes fleet sales)
x $1,000 (profit p/unit) = $250,000,000.
Cafe Credits are $2,400 p/unit purchased.
If each of the big (3) auto mfg.s purchase
$10,000 credits = 30,000 cc's x $2400 p/cc = $72,000,000.
Net revenue = Profit + Cafe Credits = $322,000,000.
The $185,000,000 (ATVM) production loan shouldn't be a problem.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding
snip
6. EM will soon be releasing a picture of the proposed dash and it is along the lines of the Lord Elgin design
I sure hope not. That thing is ugly, and wastes the chance to provide easily-read, accurate, information about the car's performance. Boo.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding
snip
6. EM will soon be releasing a picture of the proposed dash and it is along the lines of the Lord Elgin design
I sure hope not. That thing is ugly, and wastes the chance to provide easily-read, accurate, information about the car's performance. Boo.
Totally AGREE; terrible 'waste of space' to provide vital information (spinning dials in a small window), "at-a-glance".......'Idiot Lights' clumped in a group in the center (easily confused).... and waste a of engineering TIME, and MONEY, to produce a 'NEW' inferior design..... when they stress "off-the-shelf" parts...... to SAVE money!!!!!!

Last edited:

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Regarding
snip
I would think 99% of us agree with you. This would be the first and perhaps only item I would change on my Elio. Let's all send a note to PE telling him please NO Elgin dash.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Totally AGREE; terrible 'waste of space' to provide vital information (spinning dials in a small window), "at-a-glance".......'Idiot Lights' clumped in a group in the center (easily confused).... and waste a of engineering TIME, and MONEY, to produce a 'NEW' inferior design..... when they stress "off-the-shelf" parts...... to SAVE money!!!!!!
Not a deal breaker for me, but given a choice, I would rather look at this,
animated-hamster-wheel.gif
, than that Elgin thing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding
snip
Can we wait till we actually see the new dash that is "along the lines of the Lord Elgin design" BEFORE we start bashing it? I need better ammo than "I think I'm not going to like the design of the dash that I haven't seen yet"

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best post yet TY. Hate first based on assumption. While we're venting, I want the rotary dial back on my phone! oh wait, its actually easier. Then I want the keyboard back on my phone! Never mind, turns out that change was nicer too. Stop change! The only way (my way) or nothing! If its different it can't be good. Based on what I assume it will Possibly look like from a friends buddies assumption. Just build the Elio Please!! I don't care if I need to read a Wind Sock on the hood!!! It doesn't really matter at all!!!!
[Broken External Image]

Top Bottom