• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Reservation Map And Survey

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's all in the computer tune for the trans, if you take a Fiesta to a dealership and tell them it feels like some kid just learning to drive a manual they'll reprogram the transaxle controller for you which eliminates some of the jerkiness. I've been in a auto fiesta, I didn't notice it being that jerky though.

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2011+ Ford Fiesta and 2012+ Ford Focus use a dual clutch AMT, the Fiesta get's some bad reviews for it's transmission, but I haven't heard much about the Focus having issues.
Sorry for barging in like this. We're talking automatic tranny here, AMT, right? So no word, good or bad, on the standard?

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correct, it's hard to mess up a standard trans, the most you can complain about is clutch pedal engagement and shifter throw (well, glass gears and differentials will also get complaints when people start putting a ton of power through them, but I doubt that'll be much of a problem.). Automated Manuals can be really hit or miss because the computer controls the clutch and shift points and sometimes the logic get's fuzzy if they weren't programmed right.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 2011+ Ford Fiesta and 2012+ Ford Focus use a dual clutch AMT, the Fiesta get's some bad reviews for it's transmission, but I haven't heard much about the Focus having issues.
I have a 2014 Focus 4 door. It is a great car the transmission in a bit different shifts at low speed can be less than smooth. But nail it and it flies. Also mileage is great 31.2 to 38.
To get 38 turn off AC cruise control ,speed limit.
Still waiting on my reservation number for the ELIO

Top Bottom