• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pick Up

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's funny that you can feel empowered by either negotiating a lower price or by just paying what they ask and feeling good that it just doesn't matter enough to worry about. Sometimes, spending a little makes shopping there again a more pleasant experience... But, I can't afford to do that so I'll research and stay firm.

Anyway, back on topic. They probably won't ship out of Greenwood. It will surely cost a lot more in the long run to ship Elios there, unload them, assemble options and then reload them for shipping than it would to just assemble accessories and then load for shipping.

Ty, you're down there in the vicinity of the Shreveport area, correct? I thought I picked that up along the way. If so, has there been any increased activity locally, concerning the assembly facility operations?

Logic suggests that if EM plans on having Technosports Creative hand build 23 or so E-series vehicles before preparing for a pre-production assembly run, and only two E-series vehicles have been publicly delivered to (sub)contractors for testing and analysis, then we are still a way out from the 100-vehicle pre-production build sequence.

But there are legitimate reasons why the company has touted an intention to start the factory assembly line by December 2016, stemming from assurances to Caddo Parish, RACER Trust, and other entities that a labor force would be re-hired and put to work before the end of Q4, or else pay stiff penalties for not holding up their end of the bargain.

These deadlines have come and gone in the past, having been casually extended without any levy or enforcement action on penalties owed by contractual agreements.

But there will inevitably come a point at which public and/or political push-back will prevent a casual deadline extension without penalties being levied upon EM. Negative spotlight on the quiet factory and the corporate entities occupying the property have ramped up on local media channels and sources in the TexArkAna metropolitan area in recent weeks/months.

I personally fear that such negative publicity, enforcement action, public hearings and town hall meetings, etc would have profound impacts on fundraising activities crucial to the company's success, including approval and disbursement of the ATVM loan. One of the big hold-ups has been proving corporate viability and sustainability without the ATVM loan, and diverting much needed financial resources to penalties for breach of contract provisions with local municipalities would surely put a damper on that process.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty, you're down there in the vicinity of the Shreveport area, correct? I thought I picked that up along the way. If so, has there been any increased activity locally, concerning the assembly facility operations?

Logic suggests that if EM plans on having Technosports Creative hand build 23 or so E-series vehicles before preparing for a pre-production assembly run, and only two E-series vehicles have been publicly delivered to (sub)contractors for testing and analysis, then we are still a way out from the 100-vehicle pre-production build sequence.

But there are legitimate reasons why the company has touted an intention to start the factory assembly line by December 2016, stemming from assurances to Caddo Parish, RACER Trust, and other entities that a labor force would be re-hired and put to work before the end of Q4, or else pay stiff penalties for not holding up their end of the bargain.

These deadlines have come and gone in the past, having been casually extended without any levy or enforcement action on penalties owed by contractual agreements.

But there will inevitably come a point at which public and/or political push-back will prevent a casual deadline extension without penalties being levied upon EM. Negative spotlight on the quiet factory and the corporate entities occupying the property have ramped up on local media channels and sources in the TexArkAna metropolitan area in recent weeks/months.

I personally fear that such negative publicity, enforcement action, public hearings and town hall meetings, etc would have profound impacts on fundraising activities crucial to the company's success, including approval and disbursement of the ATVM loan. One of the big hold-ups has been proving corporate viability and sustainability without the ATVM loan, and diverting much needed financial resources to penalties for breach of contract provisions with local municipalities would surely put a damper on that process.
I lived there for almost 6 years and actually worked at the GM plant as an industrial engineer. But, I don't live there any more. My wife's family is still there - Mom, Dad, Brother, and Sister. Every time we visit, I run by the GM plant to see if there is anything going on. I haven't been by there in a while but I don't suppose there'd be much "activity" visible from the road. There would be employee cars parked there but all the movement would be inside. Even if trucks were delivering machinery, almost all of that would be internal and if it wasn't, it wouldn't take very long and you'd have to be fortunate to see something going on.

Family hasn't reported anything going on at the plant but I don't have them checking on it regularly or anything.

Top Bottom