• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pickup, Retail Store Pickup, Or Delivery

silverfox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Destination and Dealer prep charges will apply to Elio. I would think if you are picking up at the factory it would be minimal or no charge at all. Although everyone may have to pay Dealer prep.

silverfox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio indicated that all vehicles will go to a dealer. So they probably will have a dealer close to the plant that will do the dealer prep.

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
http://www.eliomotors.com/#store

if you tab Elio Store, then Our Approach, then Purchasing and Delivering your very own Elio, it goes over the options. Looks like factory pick up is one of them :)

I am not sure how this applies to folks who have reservations versus purchasing at the store. The infrastructure may not be available when we get ours.

The only thing I am taking with a grain of salt is the 24 hr turn around time.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would imagine the dealers will be protected on price as a pick up at factory will be same price as a dealer less shipping, so you would save shipping cost to your local by going to factory.

Bluechip

Elio Fan
Reaction score
In many states, the company will not be able to own a retail sales outlet. GM tried this in Texas a dozen years ago or so and the state shut them down pretty quickly. I think Elio will have to franchise many of their "stores" to comply with state law. Maybe they could sell them all by mail order over the internet and just have service and delivery facilities scattered about. If no sales happen in a particular state they may get around the dealer laws. It would probably be easier to get franchised motorcycle dealers (as that is what this vehicle is) to sell them. many are now stocking UTVs that are almost cars.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bluechip---that was my thought originally--like the Harley Davidson dealer that would carry and service them. But someone jumped me on the idea saying HD is a very pricey facility and might dampen sales with high service fees! You do not want to buy one of these things without reliable service facilities at a reasonable distance from your home base!! RB

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bluechip---that was my thought originally--like the Harley Davidson dealer that would carry and service them. But someone jumped me on the idea saying HD is a very pricey facility and might dampen sales with high service fees! You do not want to buy one of these things without reliable service facilities at a reasonable distance from your home base!! RB
EM has said that they are working with a National Service Provider with 1,500 locations to provide warranty work; most routine maintenance can be DIY or any local mechanic.

Top Bottom