• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NPR, not politicly biased, hardly. NPR, tax funded left leaning news. The article fails to mention the really important fact that Solyndra was known to be failing and was political payback with tax payer money. That payoff is outlined here. NPR - not a news source to trust

http://in-other-news.com/2011/Short-Summary-of-Solyndra-scandal
Maybe you didn't notice, but when they roll contributors, the Koch Bros are supporters, so too a few other right positioned trusts

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NPR, not politicly biased, hardly. NPR, tax funded left leaning news. The article fails to mention the really important fact that Solyndra was known to be failing and was political payback with tax payer money. That payoff is outlined here. NPR - not a news source to trust

I agree that NPR may have a 'slight' degree of liberal bias, but still attempts to report both sides of an issue and cover the whole story both negatives & positives focusing on the end result. As an independant I look to many news sources before making a decision on what's true or false news reporting. Informed is better than following party line rhetoric and believing headline news without some fact check. I lost the trust factor years ago.

Nobody said their wasn't political scandal involved with the Solyndra loan default or political favor in all of the loans whether failed or successful. The fact (?) remains that the the DOE Loan program overall is reported by several sources to be in the black and has cost the taxpayers zip. Most politically demonizing biased news sources focus on the failure and flip the political finger. Their blinded followers think the government lost and/or wasted tax payer money and that is not the case. IMO

The DOE loan program apparently was never intended to turn a profit, but did. GO DOE! Cheers to the successful companies that took advantage of it. I hope Elio gets approved for the ATVM balance portion of the fund. Politics is and will be involved in that approval process. I am hoping it's biased towards Elio Motors and the average families needing affordable transportation win. My personal need is fortunately based on fun and not economics.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree that NPR may have a 'slight' degree of liberal bias, but still attempts to report both sides of an issue and cover the whole story both negatives & positives focusing on the end result.

cryingwithlaughter.gif
.... slight, that's really a good one

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed at least from media coverage. Is that Elio appeals to both sides pretty much equally. Since the politicians pretty much reflect their puppetear the press. We should be sitting pretty good.
MK
I may have to go more easy on FOX news, they actually love the Elio! And NPR has never mentioned the Elio at all.

Last edited:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Come on, it gets some of its funding from taxes from the federal gov't, Republican or Democrat. Most of it comes from the public, that's why it's called National PUBLIC Radio. Sure some supporters are extreme in their leftiness but that's hardly true of them all. It's as reliable as many sources and quite possibly more so than most, it's not beholden to anyone but it's listeners. If you listen often enough, NPR is called out by the listeners if they slip up or present inaccuracies. Nope, they are a good source, a group of journalists doing their best to present a fair view of local, national and world events and possible whys and wherefores of what just happened.

Top Bottom