• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it true that Corporate Fuel Securities is first taking 90 days to prepare presentation information to present to potential investors, and it is currently at the end of that 90 day period?

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that NPR may have a 'slight' degree of liberal bias, but still attempts to report both sides of an issue and cover the whole story both negatives & positives focusing on the end result. As an independant I look to many news sources before making a decision on what's true or false news reporting. Informed is better than following party line rhetoric and believing headline news without some fact check. I lost the trust factor years ago.

Nobody said their wasn't political scandal involved with the Solyndra loan default or political favor in all of the loans whether failed or successful. The fact (?) remains that the the DOE Loan program overall is reported by several sources to be in the black and has cost the taxpayers zip. Most politically demonizing biased news sources focus on the failure and flip the political finger. Their blinded followers think the government lost and/or wasted tax payer money and that is not the case. IMO

The DOE loan program apparently was never intended to turn a profit, but did. GO DOE! Cheers to the successful companies that took advantage of it. I hope Elio gets approved for the ATVM balance portion of the fund. Politics is and will be involved in that approval process. I am hoping it's biased towards Elio Motors and the average families needing affordable transportation win. My personal need is fortunately based on fun and not economics.
I now how NPR rolls. I listen to their stations often because they have so many. I don't mind they lean left. What bothers me is the several millions of dollars of taxpayer money that makes part of their budget and how they cry if some political move tries to cut or even eleminate that tax money. NPR is a private enterprise. All corporate welfare should end. Even as someone just pointed out, the Koch's donate. They milk everyone because it's pc to give to them. That should be their only funding, not tax money. Sorry to y'all for straying so far off the thread.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found this from Paul Elio :
"We've taken a different tact, we were trying to raise the funds ourselves, but about 90 days ago we got professional help. Corporate fuel securities out of New York is now martialing the fundraising activities for us.

They started going out to the market at the first of the year, they are getting a good response. We are optimistic about that" says Elio.

This is from http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...es-delay-production-expected-to-start-in-2016

This was posted Jan 15, 2015

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I now how NPR rolls. I listen to their stations often because they have so many. I don't mind they lean left. What bothers me is the several millions of dollars of taxpayer money that makes part of their budget and how they cry if some political move tries to cut or even eleminate that tax money. NPR is a private enterprise. All corporate welfare should end. Even as someone just pointed out, the Koch's donate. They milk everyone because it's pc to give to them. That should be their only funding, not tax money. Sorry to y'all for straying so far off the thread.
Granted, they do use some Federal monies (about 5% of their budget relies on it) let's put that in a little perspective on one of those lists of lists that go out, on recently went out that showed how much each State relied on the Feds for their budgets ( http://www.seattlepi.com/news/natio...ation-reveals-states-relying-most-6012183.php ), Alaska did the best with only counting on the Feds to cover 20%. The worst? Mississippi at over 45%! Tax money is used all over the place in ways that we all can't agree on but the fact NPR only needs 5% is pretty darn impressive! I'm guessing that is an even lower percentage than what Elio will be relying on, eh?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Granted, they do use some Federal monies (about 5% of their budget relies on it) let's put that in a little perspective on one of those lists of lists that go out, on recently went out that showed how much each State relied on the Feds for their budgets ( http://www.seattlepi.com/news/natio...ation-reveals-states-relying-most-6012183.php ), Alaska did the best with only counting on the Feds to cover 20%. The worst? Mississippi at over 45%! Tax money is used all over the place in ways that we all can't agree on but the fact NPR only needs 5% is pretty darn impressive! I'm guessing that is an even lower percentage than what Elio will be relying on, eh?
I suspect that NPR is more interested in that from a 'relationships' perspective. It helps them maintain the image of being neutral and altruistic, but internally to some limited degree helps them to actually maintain their public oriented frame of mind.
If they lose that 5%, they lose the connection as well as the imposed mandate. People and especially organizations, would not donate to them as easily after that.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NPR, so much like the government, a 5% cut is the end of the world.

NPR is entertainment and news like other such corporations. Even the name is an illusion, it's not owned by the public nor is it a required service to the public. It just requires taxpayer handout. Many States do depend on federal tax money. I work near the poorest county in the nation. A county where 90% of the land is owned by the FEDS. No revenue from taxes, no room to grow for business.

I suspect that NPR is more interested in that from a 'relationships' perspective. It helps them maintain the image of being neutral and altruistic, but internally to some limited degree helps them to actually maintain their public oriented frame of mind.
If they lose that 5%, they lose the connection as well as the imposed mandate. People and especially organizations, would not donate to them as easily after that.

More compelling reason to cut taxpayer funding assistance from the NPR budget.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, lets kick in another controversial, unsubstantiated line of thinking.

I think EM should include the line of thinking to the truly big investors, "what does this mean to my other business?"

1) Elio will work to control / level out oil prices. Elio may make oil consumed less, for a short while, but that will adjust into place over time. It could actually mean American can afford to pay more since they get more out of each gallon.
But it will definitely mean we have alternatives to high costs as well as low. When the price goes up, we'll buy and drive Elio's more. When it goes down, we'll buy and drive our other cars. For those that have both, it's very fast decision to drive or not your Elio. In theory, this would level out volatile gas prices, and therefore oil prices.

So if this is helpful to your business, like the airlines, which would seem to compete with the Elio, but in actuality it could be the best thing ever for any business that consumes oil and hates fluxuation. IS there any business that doesn't consume oil?

2) If you are a potential direct user of the Elio, you would want to support it. Any delivery or in-the-field profession wants this car to exist. This helps them to stay competitive with non-users of the Elio. I think EM should keep that in mind when they draft up prospects for investment.

So who would hate the Elio? Maybe not even OPEC, since they don't always like fluxuation either. Speculator who like some chaos, maybe they hate the Elio.
Certainly all regular car manufacturers, they hate the Elio, unless they succeed at a buyout someday. But by then it would be too late and the autocycle would already be established.

Top Bottom