• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Food/recipe/restuarant Thread

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good morning Sausage and eggs??
baby.jpeg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree! To me it reads, don't forget the side salad with your slab of baby backs...with bacon bits! :p:D

personally, I like baby back ribs but we seldom buy them anymore .... one usually ends up paying for more bones and gristle than edible meat .... for the last few years we've been buying large pork loins from Sam's (last one cost $1.89 a pound) .... we get them home were we divide, vacuum pack, and freeze them for future use .... the pork loins have very little fat and no bone

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
personally, I like baby back ribs but we seldom buy them anymore .... one usually ends up paying for more bones and gristle than edible meat .... for the last few years we've been buying large pork loins from Sam's (last one cost $1.89 a pound) .... we get them home were we divide, vacuum pack, and freeze them for future use .... the pork loins have very little fat and no bone

True on the baby backs. And so far this year we've been sticking to the pork spare ribs. Way cheaper, and just as good if done right. And the pork loins are awesome too as long as you don't overcook them.

I can't find where the smoker talk started, but I left out the most important part about prepping the ribs. Always, always, always remove the membrane from the inside if you want any chance of them being fall off the bone tender. Easy to do if you peel it off under running water.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

We got 10lbs for 40 bucks at Costco St. Louis cut pork ribs, yummy!

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Always, always, always remove the membrane from the inside if you want any chance of them being fall off the bone tender. Easy to do if you peel it off under running water.

I kept reading that and everyone kept saying awe you don't have to do that, HA! I have one rack left and WILL DO it on those and thanks for the tip on the Pecan Rub too.

Top Bottom