• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Full Catalog 3 Wheelers Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This one:

upload_2016-6-1_17-2-11.png

I saw this on a recent show I watched; I think it was American Pickers.
They came across one; and the story behind it was that it was built for injured people after WWI
It was a motorized wheel chair that their care takers would drive them around in.
I believe it was French built.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like that Goliath Goli is a perfect candidate for an electric conversion. With a 12kw motor, you would more than match it's current performance, plus it would be silent :D You could probably get away with a 7kw motor and still get about the same performance that the 16hp motor puts out.

I WANT TO KEEP IT AS ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE . HAVING JUST ONE OF TWO ON THE STATES IS
A SOLEMN RESPONSIBILITY .

DSC_0201.JPG

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE E-V CONVERSION .
THE ELEVATED BED LEAVES A LOT OF ROOM FOR BATTERIES !

THE MOTOR & TRANSMISSION ARE PRETTY MUCH IN THE CAB WITH YOU . ( THERE IS A COVER)
THE ONE BATTERY THAT IS THERE HANGS OFF THE SIDE OF THE FRAME . NOW WITH 12 VOLTS !

THE OTHER USA BASED GOLI IS IN CALIFORNIA . IT's A WHITE '56 MODEL THAT WAS HORRIBLY
BUTCHERED BACK IN THE 60's TO FIT A VOLVO DRIVETRAIN . NOW THERE IS YOUR E-V CANDIDATE .

DSC_1805.JPG
DSC_1811.JPG
DSC_1814.JPG

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I definitely want to exhaust what I have pre-1970 before doing newer hardware. Even restricting to just representative images, there's a lot.
1948 Mochet. and a 1949
1948 Mochet .jpg
1949 Mochet.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom