• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If Elio Said They Must Raise Base Price At What Point Would You Pull Out?

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio begins production and is widely received , I still don't expect the big guys to follow . Ultra-low cost cars are not their strong suit . However , folks like Tata , Chery and even Renault would probably jump in . We could also see a few Motorcycle manufacturers add a wheel and enclose their bikes to compete .

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio begins production and is widely received , I still don't expect the big guys to follow . Ultra-low cost cars are not their strong suit . However , folks like Tata , Chery and even Renault would probably jump in . We could also see a few Motorcycle manufacturers add a wheel and enclose their bikes to compete .

That's why it is so important to get Sen. David Vitter's S.685 - Autocycle Safety Act through Congress. It will prevent cheap knockoffs from flooding the market and making decent hard working people unsafe.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The auto manufacturers may follow through with some of their 4 wheeler narrow cabin commuter concepts. I may prefer the that 4th wheel for ride, handling, and AWD stability control. VW and Audi both had/have narrow commuter concepts on the drawing board. VW was set to manufacture a three wheeler a few years back, but their attorneys pulled the plug and said no to motorcycles because of liability issues.

Half a cabin could reduce an auto's cost while increasing MPG dramatically. Big auto is always ready with concepts to meet market demand or even create market demand.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 205

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why it is so important to get Sen. David Vitter's S.685 - Autocycle Safety Act through Congress. It will prevent cheap knockoffs from flooding the market and making decent hard working people unsafe.
A cheap knockoff under $6800 may not be a worry or even possible. I would worry more about a sporty roadster commuter design in the $12-15K range marketed by the competition.

jimvw57

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I paid just over $15K for my smart fortwo and it has served me well, but at 6 years and 135,000 miles, not too sure how much more i will get out of it. I figure it has paid for itself at least twice now. at 45 mpg I have been happy with it, I'd be happier at paying half the price and double the MPG's... Obviously I don't mind driving oddly shaped cars. That is most of the fun! First week I had my smart, a policeman pulled me over to make sure it was a highway legal car to drive. (did not have the license plates yet) I still see him occasionally and we both laugh!!

No doubt the same will happen with this one!

If the price goes up around 12K, I'd still purchase one.

Top Bottom