• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can roll your eyes all you want...for us that was about the last item since 2008 on the bucket list to dust off...Beating you guys out of the playoffs :).

besides a couple of different plays it would of been us against Seattle...we took Tommy Boy to the limit but we got greedy in the end and it cost us. :(.

No matter, given all the stupid crap that happened this season even MAKING the playoffs was like playing with house money.

Till we meet again next year Lock :D

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like most sports. Big Cowboys fan, but like college better (Go Sooners!). Same with basketball. I follow the Mavericks, but not a fan of the NBA in general. I do like college basketball, but in recent years that has waned some. With most of the good players only playing one season of college ball, it's hard to latch on and follow. I do like baseball. Didn't grow up watching or playing it, but when I moved to Dallas, I started watching a following the Rangers. Slow - yes, but still enjoyable to me. Makes for a great family outing and baseball is one of the few pro sports that hasn't out priced it's fan base. you can still take a family of 4 to a game at a reasonable price (especially since the the Rangers ballpark allows you take bring your own food and drinks in). Both of my kids played at a certain point. I am still currently on the local Little League Board and started umpiring this last year. I have talked about hockey a lot on here. Relatively new to the sport, but love it. My wife was a Stars fan when we started dating so when we went to my first live game I was hooked. I had ice skated a few times as a kid, but never as an adult. My son wanted to start playing when he was 5 so we got him private lessons once a week. He changed his mind and got bored (all practice and no games is hard for a 5 year old). I was enjoying it and enjoyed the times I would go to free skate with him, so when he quite, I asked the coach if i could take his practice time. A year later I was playing in a league. I can say I haven't had so much fun in years! I so look forward to my Thursday nights (that's game nights). Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. I think playing the sport gives an even higher awareness of how good the pros are. Makes even more enjoyable to watch.

Sorry for the long post. :)

Top Bottom