• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well since Mommy (Z) kinda complained about our football talk I'm starting this thread and nominated you Jeff as you are well rounded and well versed in the subject. Not to mention I already threw you under the bus in another thread :D You know I love ya!

I'll start it off with................ GO STEELERS!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Thanks Lock! Sounds like a great idea.

Hey those Steelers take a tough loss to Tampa Bay yesterday for Week 4. It doesn't take long as an NFL fan and your team just breaks your heart, then smashes it against the wall, THEN tears it up some more. Steelers should be fine though, as long as they can at least split with Cincy and Baltimore when those games are played as the season goes on.

My Chiefs will be at home tonight as the crowd tries to set a record for noise level in an NFL stadium. Who knows, maybe it's a broader category than that. I'm worried about the Chiefs' defense, as we lost our best linebacker, Derrick Johnson, 2 weeks ago, plus I'm not sure if our best defensive back, Eric Berry, is going to play. We all know Jamaal Charles is hurt, I just read that he "most likely will play", and last week that didn't look like SUCH a horrible thing with Charles out, but his backup Knile Davis will get hurt if he gets 32 touches every week. Plus, D'Anthony Thomas, the speedster drafted from Oregon, might play this week for his first pro game. As far as I know, KC has not forced a turnover yet after 3 games. They better get it going.

Yes, every team deals with injuries, it's part of duh NFL. But it is my favorite sports league, so let's talk some NFL.

Last edited:

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey those Steelers take a tough loss to Tampa Bay yesterday for Week 4. It doesn't take long as an NFL fan and your team just breaks your heart, then smashes it against the wall, THEN tears it up some more. Steelers should be fine though, as long as they can at least split with Cincy and Baltimore when those games are played as the season goes on.

Well I doubt we'll get number 7 this year. We are not looking that good at all :( I need a crying emoticon LOL

How 'bout them Raiders ;) hehe

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I doubt we'll get number 7 this year. We are not looking that good at all :( I need a crying emoticon LOL

How 'bout them Raiders ;) hehe
cry.jpg

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just curious, who were the players masquerading in Dallas Cowboy uniforms last night in the Sunday Night game with the Saints .. :confused:

Jim

Not sure, but as a Cowboy's fan, I am please.

Also, I took DeMarco Murray as a top 5 pick (first round) in both of my fantasy football leagues. He is making me look brilliant! Also makes me proud of him as an Oklahoma fan to see him succeed at the NFL level.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Redskins all the way. Been waiting 23 years so can't stop now. RG3 is done and should be gone but Kirk Cousins isn't looking much better after throwing 4 interceptions against the Giants last Thursday. Dan Snyder could never pick a good quarterback in the draft and he never should have chosen RG3. He doesn't even need to get hit to injure himself, he does it all on his own. That being said, I think we'll improve dramatically over the next 2-3 years with Jay Gruden as the new coach.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Redskins all the way. Been waiting 23 years so can't stop now. RG3 is done and should be gone but Kirk Cousins isn't looking much better after throwing 4 interceptions against the Giants last Thursday. Dan Snyder could never pick a good quarterback in the draft and he never should have chosen RG3. He doesn't even need to get hit to injure himself, he does it all on his own. That being said, I think we'll improve dramatically over the next 2-3 years with Jay Gruden as the new coach.

I feel for you on the Redskins. Griffin looked so good and so promising. Now, it's not looking as promising. I think Cousins will do better in the coming games. Even Peyton Manning and Joe Montana had bad games.

It's been 21 yrs since the Chiefs won a playoff game, let alone a Super Bowl. Does anyone know if that's the longest of any NFL team?

Yeah, how 'bout them Cowboys? Dominated the line of scrimmage, it was 24-0 at half? To the Saints? Well done!

For the Raiders, well, I can't say I'm sad that they are 0-4, but you know the NFL. Chiefs thump the Dolphins, the Dolphins thump the Raiders. When the Chiefs play the Raiders, the Raiders may very well win!

Last edited:

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been 21 yrs since the Chiefs won a playoff game, let along a Super Bowl. Does anyone know if that's the longest of any NFL team?

Maybe the Browns are worse ???

For the Raiders, well, I can't say I'm sad that they are 0-4, but you know the NFL. Chiefs thump the Dolphins, the Dolphins thump the Raiders. When the Chiefs play the Raiders, the Raiders may very well win!

First time I saw the Steelers in person, was out here in Oakland when the Steelers were having a GOOD year and the Raiders beat them :(

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the Browns are worse ???

First time I saw the Steelers in person, was out here in Oakland when the Steelers were having a GOOD year and the Raiders beat them :(

Ah very good! That was quite a game to watch back in the 70's, when the Raiders and the Steelers played. A great series of games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom