• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

La Auto Show 2015

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree, black and red are growing on me too. It's because of the real sporty-like aspects to that new nose. I think the rear doesn't match perfectly, it's OK but a year 2 could really take advantage of the Ferrari-like lines that come out of the front.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that the Exhaust cover looks like it would be easy to remove for anyone wanting the 427SC Cobra exhaust look. It really looks like Elio is making this car easily customizable. I hope it becomes the basis for some wild custom builds and becomes a popular medium for the tuners. The Fiero was also made to be easily modifiable but it didn't fair too well.

Anyway, that Red Hot looks pretty good. I may have to change my creamsicle to this Red! Yup. That just happened.
Congratulations, I knew you would come around to HOT RED

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That thing looks great! The interior looks much cleaner that the original, better polished except for the CXZjsapfjahwr!!~ Elgin dash. I like the curves, esp. of the nose, and the higher roofline. I also like the way the struts etc are faired -- has to be worth an MPG or so and cuts down on dirt damage.

I thought Paul's talk reached a real climax when unveiled the thing, unusual for him to pace well, but this time he did. And I loved the woman at about 7:27 or so who cries out as the wrap disappears "O God, look at that car! It's ....(unclear, but I think she said "beautiful.") followed by spontaneous press applause (not something you get every day).

But the press crowd seemed much thinner that one would have hoped.

Oh yes, the engine compartment sure cleaned up nicely compared to the grit and tags and sensor connections we saw along the way ... the red plug wires are the bomb.

RadRich

Elio Fan
Reaction score
A couple of ridiculous questions I am sure...

Where is the battery located? I have looked at the video and just don't see it.

Is it keyed, or keyless?

Thanks...KD
I imagine it's similar to the Smart car. The small battery is inside the cabin under the passenger floor board (feet area). Motorcycle batteries are located under the seat. The Elio may be under the passenger seat or located in the rear. It doesn't need to be in the engine bay.

Smart-Fortwo-8W-high-power-LED-DRL-lamp-3.jpg

Top Bottom