• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest On Production Date: Q4 2016

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I guess there's really nothing much to know until the 30-70 days passes and we get word from the SEC, huh?

Oh please God no.

Facepalm-Animated-GIF.gif

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Turn on any cable Tv they build amazing car and bikes out of trash in a weekend some time hours. ELIO's problem is money they have none.
they have had the P4 running around with a Geo engine for a long time not a year long project to update it to a P5, if they had the cash.
Do they also produce a detailed set of engineering drawings with all the information to build the molds, stamping dies, and other information needed to create the machines that can mass produce the same vehicle?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When will it finally sink in for EM that they don't have to "embelish" to keep a moderate amount of new reservations coming in.
And that It's far better to leak "bad" news as soon as they are aware of it than suffer the damage caused by concealing and delaying it.

YES, PE come down to earth tell it like it is no more marketing dreams. The news is not bad if PE tells it like it really is not as they would like to see it.
I would not be to upset if PE came out and said no production until first quarter 2018

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YES, PE come down to earth tell it like it is no more marketing dreams. The news is not bad if PE tells it like it really is not as they would like to see it.
I would not be to upset if PE came out and said no production until first quarter 2018
...........not upset until there was another delay.

I wouldn't take any production date too seriously until after the P5, E6-25 are built/tested and funding is realized and in the bank. With little news regarding the P5's progress and marriage to the IAV engine there may be some surprises on that 20 + - weeks timeline too.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do they also produce a detailed set of engineering drawings with all the information to build the molds, stamping dies, and other information needed to create the machines that can mass produce the same vehicle?
The CAD Engineering Specs were done before the P5 build started. I think the rest comes after the handbuilt P5 is finished and the E's begin.

Top Bottom