• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest On Production Date: Q4 2016

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The CAD Engineering Specs were done before the P5 build started. I think the rest comes after the handbuilt P5 is finished and the E's begin.
Any delay to the P5 is likely
tied to the IAV Debt...we have
heard scant little re., the motor
since the test video. Also additional
engines will need to be built for the
E-Series testing. Not 25 obviously,
but some. All that doesn't come
cheap.....Just speculation but the
crowd funding has to factor into
their plan....

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any delay to the P5 is likely
tied to the IAV Debt...we have
heard scant little re., the motor
since the test video. Also additional
engines will need to be built for the
E-Series testing. Not 25 obviously,
but some. All that doesn't come
cheap.....Just speculation but the
crowd funding has to factor into
their plan....
Any delay in the P5 build for any reason would be unacceptable. EM said they had the P5 Build funding and have started the build estimating a 20 week + or minus timeline. The P5's delay would be more disappointing for me than EM's production delay.

I'm not concerned about the E6-25 builds that follow the currently funded P5 because the crowd funding has not been secured for that milestone in the development process to even begin. One small step at a time.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any delay in the P5 build for any reason would be unacceptable. EM said they had the P5 Build funding and have started the build estimating a 20 week + or minus timeline. The P5's delay would be more disappointing for me than EM's production delay.

I'm not concerned about the E6-25 builds that follow the currently funded P5 because the crowd funding has not been secured for that milestone in the development process to even begin. One small step at a time.
I believe I already that your own post quoted EM as saying that they had the funding to BEGIN the P5 build. :eek:
I've learned that you have to be very attentive of how they word things.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still wonder if the P5 gets a new engine or the one-and-only engine we know of . IAV might not be thrilled at building new ones til the $million plus bill has been paid,
The P5 is designed and engineered to fit the new IAV engine and drive train reflecting an overall design freeze as it moves to the E Builds, testing, and any final 'Tweaks' needed. I can't imagine the scenario that EM would fabricate an Elio shell and slap a Geo Metro engine in it.

Wouldn't you think that of the millions in funding secured for the P5 build that $1.3 million of it may be earmarked to pay off the IAV balance to insure a totally complete start your engine P5. If not the P5 has no milestone value.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe I already that your own post quoted EM as saying that they had the funding to BEGIN the P5 build. :eek:
I've learned that you have to be very attentive of how they word things.

The path between begin and finish can be very long. I could find the funding to begin building a P5 right now. That says nothing about when those funds may run out. what point something begins is not very meaningful unless a reasonable end point is included.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The P5 is designed and engineered to fit the new IAV engine and drive train reflecting an overall design freeze as it moves to the E Builds, testing, and any final 'Tweaks' needed. I can't imagine the scenario that EM would fabricate an Elio shell and slap a Geo Metro engine in it.

Wouldn't you think that of the millions in funding secured for the P5 build that $1.3 million of it may be earmarked to pay off the IAV balance to insure a totally complete start your engine P5. If not the P5 has no milestone value.

it would be hard to believe that IAV isn't aware that EM is a few weeks from an infusion of $20M + .... its also reasonable to believe that they would be willing to build a few motors for EM base on the belief that payment is that close

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The path between begin and finish can be very long. I could find the funding to begin building a P5 right now. That says nothing about when those funds may run out. what point something begins is not very meaningful unless a reasonable end point is included.
My recollection is that Paul Elio said in his interview, they HAD funding to Build the P5, that the build HAD started, the P4 took 20 weeks to build, and they would try to expedite the P5. Based on those statements it seems the P5 should roll out in or around that 20 week time frame. If the hand built P5 can't roll out in the announced time frame..................

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Quite. The P5 build is predicated on the accredited investor filing already
done....presumably that takes into
account the IAV Debt.....

Top Bottom